Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked Superchips when they would have upgrade to the stock computer program for the 4.7L.

This was the answer.:)

"A Superchips Microtuner should be available for you application in May. Thanks for the inquiry.
Sales / Customer Service / Tech
Superchips, Inc.
1/888-227-2447 "

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
cpa7man said:
I asked Superchips when they would have upgrade to the stock computer program for the 4.7L.

This was the answer.:)

"A Superchips Microtuner should be available for you application in May. Thanks for the inquiry.
Sales / Customer Service / Tech
Superchips, Inc.
1/888-227-2447 "
Thanks a lot for the info Paul. It seems as if you have a 5.9, why were you looking for one for the 4.7L... just wondering.

You live in grapevine... good stuff. Get on aol sometime.

Paul

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: FYI - Superchips available soon for 4.7L

YAAAABUDDY03 said:
Thanks a lot for the info Paul. It seems as if you have a 5.9, why were you looking for one for the 4.7L... just wondering.

You live in grapevine... good stuff. Get on aol sometime.

Paul
Need to change that sig, I'm buying a 4.7. :)

Anyone know what other chips are available for the 4.7.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Re: Re: Re: FYI - Superchips available soon for 4.7L

cpa7man said:
Need to change that sig, I'm buying a 4.7. :)

Anyone know what other chips are available for the 4.7.
hahaha... I convenced you to buy the 4.7L didn't I... when I was talking to you over at AOL... funny stuff.

the 4.7L doesn't have a lot of chip brands and so forth. The best thing you can do is to get it "optimized" by Kennebell. You take your whole computer out of your truck... send it to them through 1 day service or something,... they burn the information for optimizing air/fuel... stuff like that, and they send it back to you the next day with it all done.

The best part of this is that when you take it to the dealer to get it worked on... they won't notice that its any different.... I THINK! Also there is a 3 day period that you WON'T have your truck for any use, because of the lack of a computer. hahaha funny stuff.

Paul

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: FYI - Superchips available soon for 4.7L

YAAAABUDDY03 said:
hahaha... I convenced you to buy the 4.7L didn't I... when I was talking to you over at AOL... funny stuff.

the 4.7L doesn't have a lot of chip brands and so forth. The best thing you can do is to get it "optimized" by Kennebell. You take your whole computer out of your truck... send it to them through 1 day service or something,... they burn the information for optimizing air/fuel... stuff like that, and they send it back to you the next day with it all done.

The best part of this is that when you take it to the dealer to get it worked on... they won't notice that its any different.... I THINK! Also there is a 3 day period that you WON'T have your truck for any use, because of the lack of a computer. hahaha funny stuff.

Paul
Yea, I think the 4.7L will be beter overall. I'm sure towing at times up a steep grade I'll wish I had a bigger engine. Hopefully that's where a chip, intake, and exhaust upgrade will work wounders. I still need to do more research on the chip thing. I'll look into the Kennebell. THe intake seems to be a slam dunk. THe 360 kool charge. I don't know what exhaust either.

Your input helped me a lot. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked Jet chips what there 4.7L chip claims.This is there reply:

"16-17 hp, 12-14 lb ft of torque at the wheels."

This is for the Stage I upgrade. 89-91 octane gas is recomended.

G

·
So let me get this straight with the optimizer you don't have to send the pcm in. Its just something you plug into it. I think I like the ken belle better but I can't afford to be without my truck for 3 days.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
SSRage said:
So let me get this straight with the optimizer you don't have to send the pcm in. Its just something you plug into it. I think I like the ken belle better but I can't afford to be without my truck for 3 days.
NO... the kennebelle thing IS an optimizer, and you WILL need to send it in for 3 days. Why can't you live without your truck for three days... do it on a weekend or something.

Paul

G

·
Right now its my only mode of transportation. We are on mandatory over time right now doing straight 12's six days a week. So i need the truck.

I got confused... sorry... your right the optimizer 2 you gotta send in for. the jet chip is just something you plug into the pcm.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I talked to kenne Bell about the chips. I am not fan of just programming the ecu. lol get a pissed of dealer at u and thell re flash it lol.. ALso for 349 i would rather wait for hyper tech or any other company. My biggest thing is the govener. Whihc no one seems like they can take off. :confused:

Maybe Superchip will have a good product this summer!

·
Speed Freak
135 Posts
I would go with a custom flash because you will see you results out of it instead of the plug and play systems. i have the superchips on my r/t and it's ok but therer are better.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jes_96 said:
I recently sent an e-mail to Superchips also. Their reply was ...

"Late summer."

That sucks. I was about to see if I could order one. I need some help going up hills with a heavy load.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just got a message from Superchips!

I just got a message from the service department at Superchips about the future of the tuner for our 4.7. I asked:

"There have been some rumors around the web that you are working on a tuner for the 4.7L and it
should be ready by "mid May" or "early summer." Could you please confirm or dispel this rumor for us?

In the event that you are truly working on a tuner for our trucks, I would like to encourage you and ask that you let me know when they will be available. As the largest group of 4.7L owners, I would be happy to work out a group bulk
purchase of these tuners.

Thank you very much!

They replied with:

The 4.7L engine is in our future. Right now the Hemi is the primary project for the Chrysler camp. It has been difficult to tune because of the way Dodge does things. That throws all other projects behind as well. I do not look for the 4.7L tuner to be out before the end of the summer or early fall at this time. We do plan on it though. You will be better off to contact a dealer to work out a "group purchase" once they are released. You will get a better deal through a dealer than through us.

HEMI. go figure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
opie34705 said:
I just got a message from the service department at Superchips about the future of the tuner for our 4.7. I asked:

"There have been some rumors around the web that you are working on a tuner for the 4.7L and it
should be ready by "mid May" or "early summer." Could you please confirm or dispel this rumor for us?

In the event that you are truly working on a tuner for our trucks, I would like to encourage you and ask that you let me know when they will be available. As the largest group of 4.7L owners, I would be happy to work out a group bulk
purchase of these tuners.

Thank you very much!

They replied with:

The 4.7L engine is in our future. Right now the Hemi is the primary project for the Chrysler camp. It has been difficult to tune because of the way Dodge does things. That throws all other projects behind as well. I do not look for the 4.7L tuner to be out before the end of the summer or early fall at this time. We do plan on it though. You will be better off to contact a dealer to work out a "group purchase" once they are released. You will get a better deal through a dealer than through us.

HEMI. go figure.

Yea, go figure. When I first asked it was to be out around now. I would not expect it on time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
superchip

just talked to one of the r&d guys at superchip they said the 4.7 programer should be out by july or june some time. thats the only info i have gotten also powerdyne superchargers are haveing problems with the research and development soon to beout .

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.