Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that the fuse box in an 04 Durango, on the inside kick panel, is not labled? It only shows the Amps of the fuses, but not what they control. Before you ask, there is no chart in the owners manual either.

The dealer was stumped and could offer me no help. I filed a complaint with Chrysler, who responded, "the only way you can get that information is by buying the factory service manual."

That will do a lot of good if a fuse blows, say wipers (while it's raining). You have no choice but to pull each fuse out one by one and examine it to see which one is blown.

As a quick fix, I replaced all the fuses with the new "Smart Fuses" that glow when they blow.

Any idea on how to get this chart short of spending hundreds of dollars for a factory service manual???

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have an 04 Durango and today in the Reading, PA area it is 28 degrees out and the front main blower fan for the heater is not working... Since I haven't had any problems before I believe that it is a fuse... I am at work now and they are calling for 1-2 inches of snow tonight and more Sunday into Monday and my wife needs to get to work at the 911 center as a dispatcher in the morning. So since there is no diagram I am SOL... Looks like I will be heading to Wal-Mart at 4AM when I get off duty to get some fuses and replace them all... Hopefully they have the smart ones... Thanks Dodge for thinking of your customers...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smart Fuses

I got them at Auto Zone. Not too pricey either

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
I bought a $2.99 digital voltmeter from Fry's Electronics to replace a previous one that broke - you can use the continuity tester to check fuses, just set the probes on each side of the fuse (that's why the metal tips are exposed on the top) - if it beeps the fuse is good, if it doesn't beep the fuse blew. You can check the whole panel in 60 seconds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
this is absurd... I can't belive we can't find a fuse layout.... I've looked everywhere... surely someone has posted one somewhere.

HEMICharger or anyone with the information... couldn't you just post a picture from your cd or scan the image from your manual.. it would help alot of people.

·
Premium Member
9,487 Posts

This has to be up there in the top oldest zombie threads bumped on this board..

Time elapsed since last post: 6 years, 7 months, 24 days!

Considering Hemicharger hasn't logged on in over 6 years, I doubt he will respond..

·
Registered
7 Posts
according to google this thread was the latest thread concerning fuses and durangos.. I didn't check the date.. I just joined the forums and posted to it... forums must really be stale.. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts