Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Road Dog
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a pretty funny story. I'm out driving the "Blue Goose" and I am at a stoplight. Probably 8 out of ten times someone is doing something to get my attention (honking, revving , yelling etc.). In this case I hear this revving sound next to me. I looked over and there is this guy in a Saturn and he is revving and pointing at me then ahead. So, I know he is lookin to race. Did I mention this is a Saturn? Well, the light turns green and he takes off and I give Old Blue just enough gas to get about a foot ahead. I look over and this guy is revving and snatching more gears than John Force himself with the Saturn's front end going up and down with each shift. This guy is having the time of his life. We go back and forth a time or two and I let him edge me out by about 3 feet before the next light. The race didn't make it even to 65 mph which for a Saturn seemed like an eternity. Well,somewhere out there is a Saturn owner who I am sure told all his friends about how he beat a 1969 Charger R/T in a race. :drive:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thats great dude. I did the same thing like a week ago in my blue 67 satellite to this guy in thie lifted pretty nice lookin eirly 80's chevy truck. Ive had previous run ins with the same truck in my r/t dak and I probably put about 6 truck lenghts on him from like 40 to 55. I was in the 67 and he was torque braking beside me at a light he lanuched with all he had and I gave her a little more than just regular acceleration which was enough to put my doghouse infront of his and my car was shifting at less than 3 grand but he had to be crankin that thing up to atleast 6 in every gear it was helarious. I thought about gettin beside him in 1st rollin and punch it for a few seconds but there was traffic it was in town and I didn'f feel the need to get pulled over for street racing. Whats the build like on your car? engine tranny rearend?

·
Road Dog
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not set up for quarters. This car is set up for top end. It has a automatic tranny and 2:76 gears. The engine has worked heads, hooker headers, performer intake, 11:1 compression with a 750 Holley carb. I set the car up that way back in the late 70's when we used to do alot of long distance racing (real insane high speeds). It has 360,000 miles on it with 160,000 on a rebuild.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had similar situations in my Dak, kids at a stop light in a rice mobile revving, that want to go, as I start flooring it I see the mileage going down on the overhead display. So I back off and let them take it. I don't really feel like getting a speeding ticket after having my license for 3 months :p

What kind of speeds you get that beast up to?

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's awsome man 300,000+ miles. My car is street/1/4 mile. Right now it has a mild 360 10 to 1 compression dual plane intake with an eddlebrock 600 carb with a 484 purpleshaft MP cam. It has 3.23 open rearend with a 2600 stall converter but im about to swap in a 3.91 sure grip and I'm hopeing for low low 13's by the end of the season maybe high 12's on the slicks. Your car still looks awsome from what I can see in the picture. The miles are insaine. Yea my overhead display is so bad I wont mention it but the 67 gets about 5 more mpg than the dak does which is kinda of embarrassing because they are about the same weight same displacement one with efi and the other with a carb. Maybe I should scrap the FI system on the truck and throw on a good old carberuator. I bet that charger does decen't on the gas with those gears in it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wow man looks better in the bigger picture. I hope that my dads B5 69 coronet r/t looks as good as your car. Its like a clone in coronet form. Its got a black top, black interior, its B5, with the black bumble bee stripe and magnum 500's. I love the all chrome magnums. There isn't a better looking wheel on a B body and thats why I put em on my 67. I got 18mpg when my car had the 318 in it. Ran 87oct in that baby all day. I just have the timing retarted on the street which makes is kinda run kinda crappy but I can run pump gas with no problems. Beautiful charger man. Oh yea, my r/t dak is red to. Looks like we both have good taste in cars and colors haha.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Oh BTW. The BFG T/A is the best lookin tire ever created especially when its on a mopar.

·
Registered
267 Posts
No pics. Sorry man. I'm still living in the eirly 90's with my film cameras. I really need to look into a digital or a scanner for this computer. B bodys rock though they don't get enough of the spotlight now because of the huge doller E bodies. They are getting up in the insaine money catagorie.

·
Road Dog
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did anyone spot the bullet hole decals on the side door? I read somewhere these were the worst thing style wise to put on your vehicle.So, I went right out and bought me some and put them on the car and truck.I like being unpopular.Here is a pic of the truck. That guy was leaning on it. I told him to move it before I slapped him. :drive:

Attachments

·
July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
:rofl: a saturn.....that's just some funny shit right there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yea I noticed them I just didn't know what it was and I didn't wanna point it out if it was some scratches or something. Would it make you happier if I said I didn't like your car because you like to be un popular?? haha.

·
Road Dog
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Works for me. It's funny the looks I get from some of the purists. You stuck bullet holes on the side of your door? Yeah, I had this car so long you can only take it seriously so long. Have a little fun with it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I plan to have my car for that long. Hopefully I will. Although I am a purist your car looks completely pure besides the holes and they just peel off if you wish. The stuf that really burns me is ireversable stuff like cages, weird body stuff, tubb's, etc.. If it was a real r/t or hemi car or something that sucks to do that to a car. But if they take a completely gone car and save the car and keep it on the road thats always cool. Different strokes for different folks. I do it how I want it and others can do what they want its their car. I hate when they trash stuff for movies though, then they are just totally wasting the cars:( I like my cars pretty stock looking on the outside maybe with some wheels or something but I like to get a lil crazy with motors suspension and brake stuff. Also, stock on the outside = sleeper fun :drive:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.