Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 2004 durango limited Hemi I just bought. The headlights suck. Low beams are bright white, when you turn the highs on, they are a darker blue. The fricking low beams are brighter than the highs. Most of the time, i drive with the lows on and use the driving lights. This weekend i'm taking them apart to see what it is. Anyone run into this?

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
its like the highbeam is not as bright like its faded. just get hid of silverstars.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
its hard to explain. its like the lows are brighter but the highs cover more area so but at a dimmer light.

its hard to explain.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Thats because low beams light up the ground close to you better than the high beams. When you switch to the high beams they then focus the light up higher and light up the road a few hundred feet in front of you while sacrificing light output focusing on the ground directly in front of you. High beam light output is deffanetly brighter.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The question is this: When you have your high beams on, are you able to see the difference peripherally?

Meaning, you should be seeing the edges of the roadway, signs, and other things that you normally couldn't see with your lows when it's dark.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
yeh i know all that. but its like the high beams have like a faded blue look to them. as with the lows they r yellow. rllllyyy hard to explain. im going to chinese buffet right now, maybe ill try to get some pics.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Good idea, pics might help clear up what's going on. It would also help to know which headlights you've installed (original 1 pieace, euro clears, new 1 piece, etc)

Have a good dinner supr!!!

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
Good idea, pics might help clear up what's going on. It would also help to know which headlights you've installed (original 1 pieace, euro clears, new 1 piece, etc)

Have a good dinner supr!!!

its a 05 durango. not a gen II

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
low and high. low has fogs on like he said he had. but if u look the high beam is more "blue" then low beam and when driving down the road it kinda always looks foggy in a way.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The top (lows) looks blown out by the fogs. Thus, giving more of a yellow appearance.

Brights (bottom) are bright white/blue like it should be, with a hot center point.

Do you have different bulbs in the lights than what you have in the fogs?

·
Registered
450 Posts
No shit? Something is going on. When comparing them, they look like different bulbs.

The brightness of both look normal, but its the difference in color that makes me curious.

Normally, I would say it's because of the fogs, but you have proven that otherwise.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
thats what hes sayin lol. i have been noticing it too cuz i drive the truck occasionally and been driving it alot since mines down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts