Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who don't know, I'm student teaching in a highschool right now. I teach Algebra I and II.

Every day I give the students the last 10 or 15 minutes of class to work on their homework.

There are these 2 kids in the corner talking about subs etc..., normal high school audio pipe dreams. I tell them its time to stop talking and get to work. They start their homework but are back to talking 2 minutes later. So I tell em again, and then once again 2 minutes later they're talking and not doing their homework. I decide its time for an intervention....but a fun one......

I walk over by them and raise my voice...I'M GOING TO TELL YOU ONCE AND NEVER AGAIN!! YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE SOME UGLY CANCELLATION ISSUES IF YOU RUN ALL DIFFERENT SIZED SUBS POINTING IN ALL DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS! FOR DAILY DRIVING AND THE CAR YOU HAVE YOU'RE GONNA PROBABLY BE BEST OFF RUNNING A NICE PORTED BOX TUNED IN THE LOW TO MID 30'S FIRING BACKWARD. IF YOU DON'T GET TO WORK ON YOUR HOMEWORK I'M NOT GOING TO HELP DESIGN YOUR BOX

I just walked away and sat back at my desk, loolololol, I cracked up laughing so hard! It was all of 30 seconds and about 5 guys were at my desk all asking me questions about subs, haah. What a fun day at work

· Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Remind me of PreCalc. My buddy and I were making a Propane powered Potatoe(sp) cannon. We where going to use a measured charge, (so man Cu in and such and such pressure) so we where tryin to figure out how big of a charge would be a good average so we could just adjust the pressure per the outside temp. Ya know what? The Calc teacher helped us out, it made such a powerful bang, the potatoes would leave mashed... Oh well, they still went an ungodly long way! (He always was a cool teacher)

· I like trucks
510 Posts
Ha cool story :biggthump

I almost got suspended from school for building a Muzzle Brake for one of my rifles in shop class out of solid steel tube stock. the teacher said he had to confiscate it, but later on told me how cool it was and to tell him how it worked if I ever got around to installing it. I never put in on my SKS but I did put it on one of my airsoft AEG's and have gotten tons of compliments on it. :biggthump

are you really going to help them design their sub box? if so thats pretty cool :biggthump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.