Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is actually the 2nd time I've ran the truck at an event. We usually just rent the track out and run each other straight up. This bracket racing stuff seems to be alittle harder. especially when I break out everytime! lol Good cause I get faster times, but bad cause I loose the round.

First two vids are just runs to see what your running at (second run was against my brothers lifted 4x4 ford! lol, which went to the second round =o) Then the 3rd video is my first round qualifying. I was up against the points champion and a 11 sec STV Cobra Mustang!

All vids were using my stickypod!
Enjoy!

http://www.reubengathright.com/rooknute/5_22_05FirstRun.wmv

http://www.reubengathright.com/rooknute/5_22_05SecondRun.wmv

http://www.reubengathright.com/rooknute/5_22_05FirstRoundRun.wmv

Fastest time of the weekend was a 15.35 with my '98 5.2L (over 175K miles on all original motor and tranny. lol ) Only real work is 4.10 gears, intake, and msd wires.. Still a TON of fun :) Need to get some slicks tho!

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First Video didnt download the wholeway. I'll try to get the rest of it tomarrow. Its a pretty good look at what a 15 sec truck looks like running a 12 sec mustang! lol

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MoparDrvnFiremn said:
yeah bracket racing is cool is toyr truck an auto or standard?

if an auto that is weird cause the time are usually closer than that... also did the weather change a lot before the last run??

No, look at my 60' times. I just REALLY hooked the last run and that pushed me enough to run that fast. The weather if anything got warmer but the motor was cooled each run. Like i said, it was only my second time. I should have hit the breaks to make it closer at the line, but I'm still learning :)

Its an auto but its not going to be completly consistant untill I get some slicks.

The trucks real consistant, untill it comes time for the first round. lol :biggthump

If the rain holds up this weekned, I'll have more videos. Looks like Friday is out of the question, but it might clear up for sundays races!

·
Old SchooL'!
3,065 Posts
there isn't a whole hell of a lot you can do as a driver to know what you are running if you are on the money & you hit the breaks you might give the other guy a chance to slip in you could look ath ther other racer to see about where you should be but then if he messed up shifting or something you could slow down too much or not enough... then again as long as you beat him to the line with out breaking out your a winner :biggthump

·
Old SchooL'!
3,065 Posts
MoparDrvnFiremn said:
there isn't a whole hell of a lot you can do as a driver to know what you are running if you are on the money & you hit the breaks you might give the other guy a chance to slip in you could look ath ther other racer to see about where you should be but then if he messed up shifting or something you could slow down too much or not enough... then again as long as you beat him to the line with out breaking out your a winner :biggthump
oh another thing I noticed from your video the last run you did a little longer burnout.... heating your tires more..getting all of the water/trash off of them... thus giving you a better jump

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MoparDrvnFiremn said:
oh another thing I noticed from your video the last run you did a little longer burnout.... heating your tires more..getting all of the water/trash off of them... thus giving you a better jump

On street tires? I was told NOT to warm up street tires cause they get hard and dont grip.

I dont back into the water to theres no water to get off. All I really do it get the stones and dirt off my tires.

I think I'll be alot more consistant if I get some slicks. I'm gonna start looking for a set on ebay.

·
Your hero
561 Posts
Generally you're going to get water on your tires because they spray the water over almost all the way across the track most of the time. Just give it enough to make sure your tires are completely dry and clean. Unless you enjoy wasting your tires just because... don't do a burnout, street tires are going to hook the same reguardless :biggthump

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the way they do it, you dont have to run threw the water, you actually back into the water if you need it, that way you dont get water on your front tires, and you dont get water on street tires unless you want it.

see in the videos, how we kinda drive in the middle, then take a sharp turn, thats cause I dont wanna get in the water. In the first vid, I shook my head "NO" cause he was motioning me to back up into the water.

*FIRST VIDEO NOW WORKS!!*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts