Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
You can get modified Hooker Super Comp headers from krcperformance.com. If I'm not mistaken, they modify the 5803. Check out their web site.

·
Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
MagnumDak said:
gsmotorsports and southeastperformance.com is almost done with theirs
both companys make full length

HMMMmmm.... wasnt aware the Scott Q was making a full length set, the mid lengths are awsome though.

KRC does mod the 5803 Hooker Super comps but the mods arent really necessary. Bill H on Delphi has the full lengths on his R/T and IIRK, didnt have to mod them much at all.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
If they are the 5803, you can get them for about $250. I imagine all you have to do, other than making them fit, is to add a bung for the O2 sensor. That's assuming that you plan to run one.

Would these also work?

Hooker Competition Headers
Tube size 1 5/8", Collector Size 2.5". Black High Temp Paint # 5902HKR $180

·
Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
MagnumDak said:
scotts headers are mid length? I thought they where full. why would he put all that work into midlength headers when people already make them :sorry:

bigger primary tubes and a diff collector set up.

other than The GSM`s only MOPAR/PPH make a mid length style header and those are inceasinlgly hard to find. Ebay is the best bet(but be quick and be prepared for prices that are close to a new set) or scrounge a bone yard for a wrecked Dak/rango or Ram that has them or swap meet and hope th guy selling them has no clue waht they are for.

up to `00 (i think) are Cali SMOG legal .... 01-03 are not and 97-00 and 00-02 are all diff part numbers but will work with the correct Y-pipe and bung installation, but for the most part are the same header. have yet to fiqure that one out...and no headers for a 4X4 due to Xfer case location.

only Hooker makes a full length header but needs a little massaging to fit right.

you *might* make a set for a Gen II work but ya gots to block off the EGR up pipes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.