Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am 95% complete on my remote turbo install...i seem to be having trouble with getting my fuel setup right...i have a vortech fmu and an external inline fuel pump...i dont think i have plumbed it right cuz when i kick the pump on the engine spits and spudders with too much fuel...

i tied into the line from the gas tank and ran that to the external fuel pump...then from the EFP to the FMU and from the FMU back to the fuel line to the rails...i noticed on powerdynes fuel pump (same as mine) that there seems to be more plumbing...can any1 point me in the right direction

· Chest Thumper
770 Posts
steeda2h said:
i am 95% complete on my remote turbo install...i seem to be having trouble with getting my fuel setup right...i have a vortech fmu and an external inline fuel pump...i dont think i have plumbed it right cuz when i kick the pump on the engine spits and spudders with too much fuel...

i tied into the line from the gas tank and ran that to the external fuel pump...then from the EFP to the FMU and from the FMU back to the fuel line to the rails...i noticed on powerdynes fuel pump (same as mine) that there seems to be more plumbing...can any1 point me in the right direction
do you still have the link i sent u with the vortech setup? or better yet, pull the fuel off and take a pic. what disk is in the fmu? hooked up to a vac source yet? it kinda sounds like the fuel isnt being regulated, maybe skipping the fmu?

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
who needs those stinking directions lol...i am slowly figuring it out but i had it totally wrong...

i dont see a vent line on here...it looks like on the dakota and durangos that there is no return line...that it may be built into the fuel pump setup by vortech or powerdyne...i am slowly getting it there lol

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got it! lol i finally found the right picture from the link...it works good...doesnt look like it would but it does...everything is complete now...i do keep popping intake connections off but i think i got them all tight enuff now...had to replace the flimsy TB to air hat gasket with a better hard gasket...i opened it up tonight and got 8 psi and then when i let off i found another weak link in the intake tube connection...guess my bov is slow to open...it sounds wicked!...

its attached less than a foot from the TB tho...i will get pics up on a new thread in the next day or so...thanks all for the help

· Getting Old
2,662 Posts
steeda2h said:
i got it! lol i finally found the right picture from the link...it works good...doesnt look like it would but it does...everything is complete now...i do keep popping intake connections off but i think i got them all tight enuff now...had to replace the flimsy TB to air hat gasket with a better hard gasket...i opened it up tonight and got 8 psi and then when i let off i found another weak link in the intake tube connection...guess my bov is slow to open...it sounds wicked!...

its attached less than a foot from the TB tho...i will get pics up on a new thread in the next day or so...thanks all for the help
dude that is so not fair....must be awesome...does it put u in ur seat when the turbo spools up? and hurry up with the pictures :cussing: and maybe even a video would be nice :mullet:

· Chest Thumper
770 Posts
steeda2h said:

what gasket did u end up using for the tb to the airhat? where are ya drawing the vaucme for the bov? and weee need a sound clip!

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i cut a gasket out of some hard gasket at work not sure what kind it is...i am drawing the vacuum from the passenger side manifold outlet...not the bigger one that the pcv hooks up to but the outside one...will get the pics up maybe tomm or friday...i cant say it really slams me into my seat but i am thinking i need to get the pcm flashed to help the fuel curve...the m1 took all my low end uummmpphh away but maybe some rr in near future...also need a transgo kit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.