Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
PRAISE THE LOWERED
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a fuel cell into my 03 and I was talking to a shop and they said it took them over a week to make the fuel cell work in another dakota. I didn't think installing a fuel cell would be so difficult, but apparently the Dakota is "different"

Anyway anyone here who has installed a fuel cell into the their truck care to give me any idea what to expect during the install? Parts I should buy? etc.

Thanks

·
PRAISE THE LOWERED
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ask steve what exactly took him so long. If your using the stock assembly you just need to extend 4 wires and i showed you how to actually mount it. If your going external you still just need to extend the wires and then just run the fuel lines. Its not hard at all, the only thing i can think of is finding the right sender if he was going to not reuse the stock one or the actual mounting of the tank depending on how the other person wanted it.
Steve hasn't done a fuel cell on a Dakota, he was talking to some other shops and they had difficulties.

Anyway after talking to you and a few other people I think I'm just gonna stick with the stock pump. It's not exactly stylish, but it's not like I really need some fancy pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.