Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my freinds who got small "fast" cars think they got fast cars... my freinds with a VW GTI VR6 or the Mazda3 think they will beat the shit out of me in a race. Last week on my way to Ozzfest my freind in the GTI and i are driving and im in front, he gets next to me and starts a race, as soon as i see him take off i hit the pedal and a few moments later me and him are side by side, then all of a sudden i pull out in front. When we stopped he was like, "damn man, that truck is fast!" Keep in mind its a big quad cab, NOT an R/T but it is a 5.9L v8. Regardless he said he was pushing 6th gear cause his car was in stick but i fucking tore the GTI a new asshole. The one problem i have is acceleration, those little cars go faster obviously cause they wiegh 1/3 the wieght but if there is enough road my Dakota flies by them. Now for those kids in my school with a V8 mustang i just say i'll kick their ass and run over their car. haha.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
you are going to beat a v8 mustang with only exhaust...i dont think so, unless they drive like shit and fall a sleep at the light...v6 yea kill em, but not the 4.7 or 5.0

·
Registered
402 Posts
kaui56 said:
you are going to beat a v8 mustang with only exhaust...i dont think so, unless they drive like shit and fall a sleep at the light...v6 yea kill em, but not the 4.7 or 5.0
I think he meant physically kick their ass and then do a monster truck on their car...

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
kaui56 said:

They are 4.6s..... :slap: I know, we had one. Now we have two 5.9s, guess which are better?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kaui56 said:
Yea.... 98 black slt was right... i know i cant outrun a v8 mustang. UNless i slash his tires or seran wrap his car the night before a race... HEHE

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i'd share tonight's story,.
i own a 02 gti 1.8t yeah the 4-banger,..
me and my friend were on the way to eat, i see this durango v8 driving like a nut,. we lined up at a light i look over him and he won't look at me.
my friend says he would hit, so iam like whatever,. light turns green we roll out,.
he hits first then i follow, in 1st, i have a bad wheel spin, he gets a car on me.
shift to 2nd, i reel on him. at the end of 2nd iam side by side, shift into 3rd, i put a car length on him.. then we quit ,.
so what's up man, i've beaten the mighty v8 with little 4banger GTI that you talk shit..
of course without my friend(over 200lb) riding, i would have destoryed the "QUICK" truck that you own.
---
02 vw gti

·
Registered
115 Posts
soapiece said:
i'd share tonight's story,.
i own a 02 gti 1.8t yeah the 4-banger,..
me and my friend were on the way to eat, i see this durango v8 driving like a nut,. we lined up at a light i look over him and he won't look at me.
my friend says he would hit, so iam like whatever,. light turns green we roll out,.
he hits first then i follow, in 1st, i have a bad wheel spin, he gets a car on me.
shift to 2nd, i reel on him. at the end of 2nd iam side by side, shift into 3rd, i put a car length on him.. then we quit ,.
so what's up man, i've beaten the mighty v8 with little 4banger GTI that you talk shit..
of course without my friend(over 200lb) riding, i would have destoryed the "QUICK" truck that you own.
---
02 vw gti

OHHHHHH your so cool! You beat a 5000lbs vehicle with a v8. Don't you feel special! Let's all give this kid a round of applause :clap2: .

·
Registered
121 Posts
it probably was a 5.2 rango. so lets see 5k rango with 5.2 no mods vs a 4banger gti yah, thats like racing a go-kart vs a semi, now a 5.9 kota qq about 4500 thats a whole differentball game passenger no passenger
oh almost forgot ...golf clap :clap2:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Deadtoday said:
The one problem i have is acceleration, those little cars go faster obviously cause they wiegh 1/3 the wieght but if there is enough road my Dakota flies by them. Now for those kids in my school with a V8 mustang i just say i'll kick their ass and run over their car. haha.
yes,. your car has a problem which is an acceleration and huge weight,. even there's a mile of straight empty road, your dakota won't fly by any of little fast cars you mentioned above like you think. i outrun lightnings on 80mph+. and gti and mazda3 don't weight 1/3 of your car, mine is 3000lb.

SuRfeRpUnK22 said:
OHHHHHH your so cool! You beat a 5000lbs vehicle with a v8. Don't you feel special! Let's all give this kid a round of applause :clap2: .
lol, yeah i really dont think iam so cool because i beat a suv made by dodge, neither i dont feel special, i just posted my kill story on dodge cuz your friend Deadtoday posted his kill story on vw and thinking all that. And i just didn't want to let some ignorant people(probably not you guys) think that dakota fucking toring up a gti's new ass is so natural.

Dakota Sv74 said:
it probably was a 5.2 rango. so lets see 5k rango with 5.2 no mods vs a 4banger gti yah, thats like racing a go-kart vs a semi, now a 5.9 kota qq about 4500 thats a whole differentball game passenger no passenger
oh almost forgot ...golf clap :clap2:
it probably was a 5.9 rango or 5.2 or 4.7... ,*i dont know but how did you guess?* and even assuming no mods? whew.. that's out of my ability. so great you.
according to you, my gti is go-kart and durango is semi*what?* then go tell Deadtoday that dont race with go-kart cars because it's not fair? now 5.9 kota r/t or not, i could rape it on any road *straight or curve* any time passenger no passenger. (just like your guess, this is my thought)..
and plz dont bring up excuses,. if the dodge was 5.9,. if the dodge was lighter,. if the dodge was a viper, could have won.. is there any point?

oh. i too almost forgot, what's so funny about golf? i 'personaly' think buying a 30k truck to enjoy performance is pretty much a waste, of course most of you guys didn't make that stupid choice, you needed the truck for some other usages i know that, and plus enjoying a good performance out of it, good for you. I bought golf for 20k for my own usage(school) along enjoying the performance of the car. and i don't really see what's wrong with it, or even funny.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I have a 5.0 Mustang and you would not get me, but your right all the guys that drive little cars think they are so fast, Hell I beat alot of them with my truck and it's onlyt a 3.7

·
Registered
165 Posts
30K for a Dak R/T? Where did you get that figure from. I bought my 2000 R/T brand new for 21K. A slightly used lightning or maybe a newer lightning with rebates might go for 30K. My personal opinion is i would rather have the displacement, and your right i use my truck. But its nice to haul something and spank the shit out of a few cars. Never raced a VW GTI before so i don't know what their like or what they run in the 1/4. However i do think you wouldn't totally spank a Dak R/T in the twisties with hotchkis suspension and a good set of tires. These tanks have been known to handle like their on rails.

·
Registered
250 Posts
wow draging up some old stuff here...

·
Purple - The color of sex
1,229 Posts
soapiece said:
yes,. your car has a problem which is an acceleration and huge weight,. even there's a mile of straight empty road, your dakota won't fly by any of little fast cars you mentioned above like you think. i outrun lightnings on 80mph+. and gti and mazda3 don't weight 1/3 of your car, mine is 3000lb.

lol, yeah i really dont think iam so cool because i beat a suv made by dodge, neither i dont feel special, i just posted my kill story on dodge cuz your friend Deadtoday posted his kill story on vw and thinking all that. And i just didn't want to let some ignorant people(probably not you guys) think that dakota fucking toring up a gti's new ass is so natural.

it probably was a 5.9 rango or 5.2 or 4.7... ,*i dont know but how did you guess?* and even assuming no mods? whew.. that's out of my ability. so great you.
according to you, my gti is go-kart and durango is semi*what?* then go tell Deadtoday that dont race with go-kart cars because it's not fair? now 5.9 kota r/t or not, i could rape it on any road *straight or curve* any time passenger no passenger. (just like your guess, this is my thought)..
and plz dont bring up excuses,. if the dodge was 5.9,. if the dodge was lighter,. if the dodge was a viper, could have won.. is there any point?

oh. i too almost forgot, what's so funny about golf? i 'personaly' think buying a 30k truck to enjoy performance is pretty much a waste, of course most of you guys didn't make that stupid choice, you needed the truck for some other usages i know that, and plus enjoying a good performance out of it, good for you. I bought golf for 20k for my own usage(school) along enjoying the performance of the car. and i don't really see what's wrong with it, or even funny.
WAIT, did you just say you could beat a Dakota 5.9 R/T on straight and curves???

:rofl:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts