Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyway, it's cold outside, I forgot to turn down the radio the night before, turn the truck on the next day, the subs are frozen and everything fries. I went through about 6 of those 50 and 60 amp fuses (and I had to pay for them all, usually tweeter will just give them to me :rant: ). I bought a cheap 300 watt test amp to see how bad off the subs were, one was completely fried, the amp was fried, and the other sub is failing. So I started to rebuild. I got a new JBL 1600w power series sub about a week ago to match the one that still kinda works (thank god for ebay) since i had custom boxes built and had no intention of getting new ones built. I had a JBL 1200w amp in there, but I want to upgrade to the 2200w since they dont make the 1200w anymore for power series, and I can either get the 2200 or the new 1100. anyway, if anybody ever sees the 2200 for less than the $1600 retail, let me know? Ive been watching eBay but they havent had any real good deals yet. That 300w test amp sucks and its not enough power to power the pair of 1600 subs. Oh yeah if anyone wants a 40lb sub that whistles when you put power to it, and an amp that looks ok but fries everything it touches, let me know, i hear they make great doorstops and paperweights :rofl:

· Premium Member
6,057 Posts
MAn that sucks hope you find your amp for a good price... I fried an soundstream amp before thank god i didn't fry my subs ...

· Registered
598 Posts
ya know, come to think of it...I got a fried Orion 2500d sittin around. If you think they would have fun together, we should se our amps up on a date, god knows they don't power subs anymore so they might as well do something :)

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JohnnyKo12 said:
ya know, come to think of it...I got a fried Orion 2500d sittin around. If you think they would have fun together, we should se our amps up on a date, god knows they don't power subs anymore so they might as well do something :)
Lol, not a bad idea, my JBL is just sitting around getting lonley, no car trips, confined to a dark corner of the garage, it needs to get out more... :rofl:

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
brett6485 said:
Not sure if ur interested, but I got my US Amps 2000x for sale still. 430 shipped.
I appreciate it, but Im trying to stay with all JBL stuff, ive actually had pretty good luck with their products so far (frying things was my fault lol)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.