Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read some posts that said that alot of dakotas have upper ball joint problems. im not sure if it was limited to 99 and older daks or only on 2wd but most of the posts i saw were on the 2wd 99's and before.
anyway im starting to get a clunk in the front susp esp on the left side on harder left turns. ive looked under and cant really see anything that looks wrong but i havent put it up in the air and really inspected it... anyone have anyadvise on where i should start looking?? also can i get moog ball joints for an 01 4wd?? i havent been able to find them online...??

·
Registered
85 Posts
Having a similar problem. I was having some severy sqeeking fromm my right front. so i was thinking that it was my shocks. so i replaced them to get rid of the noise and get a little smoother ride. but the noise is still there and it is nagging the hell out of me. when i reach the neighborhood i turn my sounds off and turn my radio down and all i can hear is a loud sqeaking noise. it doesnt matter how fast or slow im going but it is pretty loud. i was thinking that it is my controll arm but im not for sure. and if it is that wha is it that i can do about the problem.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I had the same sound on my 03 R/T and it turned out to be a bad lower steering shaft. The dealer took care of it and knew right away what was wrong with it. The new shaft they installed is much more robust then the one that they took out.

S

·
0 Posts
to try to narrow it down get a freind to push up and down on the corner of the truck you think its coming from and have the wheel turned, then crawl under and see if you can narrow it down, sometimes if yo put the trucks on a lift you wont be able to find anything loose or noisy because there isnt any weight on the bad part

1 - 4 of 4 Posts