Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you install component skeakers?? im puting new component speakers in the front and they are not fitting right. they are too small for the plastic mold, but they are the right size that we needed to get. thanx for any and all help.

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
Evil-D. said:
how do you install component skeakers?? im puting new component speakers in the front and they are not fitting right. they are too small for the plastic mold, but they are the right size that we needed to get. thanx for any and all help.
What vehicle and what components?!

NG

·
Texas
207 Posts
if you bought the speaker adapters. u need to use the mounting ring that is on the factory speakers... mount the adapters to the rings then mount your speakers. Getting the ring off the old speakers is tough at first so use a flat screw driver to pry apart.

*profile says 1999 Dingo*

·
Texas
207 Posts
like the other guy posted what speakers... i made my post blindly thinking that the speakers in the dingo might be the same as the dakota. i had to do what i posted above but since you didnt say it worked or not... your still leaving us in the dark...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Get some 3/4 in mdf or plywood and trace the plastic piece that the speaker is supposed to fit into. Cut out a one or two more until you have achieved the approximate width of the plastic piece. Next cut out the center of the wood mounts and glue them together. Drill the three holes for the bolts that are used to attach to the door. Pre-drill the holes fore the speaker to ring mount. Screw everything together, connect the wires and crank up the system :mullet:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Get some 3/4 in mdf or plywood and trace the plastic piece that the speaker is supposed to fit into. Cut out a one or two more until you have achieved the approximate width of the plastic piece. Next cut out the center of the wood mounts and glue them together. Drill the three holes for the bolts that are used to attach to the door. Pre-drill the holes fore the speaker to ring mount. Screw everything together, connect the wires and crank up the system :mullet:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts