Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got so far by installing a new head unit and new speakers in the rear. Time consuming job no doubt. Right now I've got the front door panels off, and installing Polk Audio DB6500. The tweeter is in and mouted on the door panel, the woofer is all set to get connected. But now I'm lost. I have to connect both of these to a crossover, but I can't find the stock crossover, if there is one. I need the input power that goes to it in order to connect the new crossover that came with the speakers and split the power to the speakers. If this is an option, should I just leave the Polk crossover out and just hook up the speakers to the stock wiring. Anyone with speaker replacement experience please provide your knowledge. :help:

99 Dodge Durango
Ray

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solved

To use the factory amp or not was not the problem. Figured it out anyway over the weekend. Cut into the door harness and just disconnected the wire run to the 2 speakers. The wire from the amp got connected to the input on the crossover. From there, 2 new wire runs to the new speakers. Peace of cake.
NACKSTER

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.