Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the front passenger side hub, the shop quoted me for 300 which is about what everyone else says. Is it very hard to do, I was thinking I could probably do it myself and save some cash but I wasnt sure if it requires any special tools to do it. Any input is appreciated, oh btw its a on a 2000 4x4. Thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts
good read.....although i wouldn't use an impact to tighten the hub bearing nut. .. set it with a torque wrench.

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
Is Timken considered the best?

The site vendor 1A Auto sells some for 122 (no tax and free shipping): http://www.1aauto.com/1A/wheel-bearing-hub-front/Dodge/Dakota/1ASHS00091/347387/2002

ive replaced like 5 or 6 hubs between all my trucks, and the ones i get from napa have never let me down. ive done two on my 98 kota, two on my 05 GMC, one on this 02 kota, and my buddy used a napa one on his truck. never had to replace them again so far. been like 3 or 4 years. im not sure what brand the napa ones are, youd have to call and ask.

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Timken is the best imo and timken were the factory hubs on my truck. Check www.rockauto.com for the timken hubs, you can usually get insane good deals on that site and go to the rockauto vender forum on this site for a discount code for even more savings.

·
Registered
863 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts