Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new front driveshaft and the previous owner never had any of the original bolts. So i've been looking for the last few days and haven't found any references to what size the bolts are supposed to be. Can anyone help me out? I need both ends, so all 10? bolts. (prefer not to go to the dealership and pay a ton for them.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/ this is where I just order the bolts that connect the front driveline to the transfer case. Its pricey put couldnt find them any other place so other than a junkyard(closes to me is 250+ miles away) good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just went through the hassle of installing propeller shaft on my 2007 Dakota , the one that it came with someone decided they needed it more than I 3 years ago and just now installing new one well I needed to tap/chase the threads on transfer case and front diff. Bought my bolts from hardware store Allen head style for ease of installing on transfer case and did the same on front diff. Yoke the size of bolts needed are metric of course: M8-1.25 x 50 mm transfer case and M12-1.75 x 35mm. I know this is a bit late but I’m sure others would like to know I did go with a bit longer than needed due to I used washers and just like a fully plugged hole in the yokes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts