Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to look through and find a thread about this, i found one, but it was so old, all the pictures that were posted with it were gone..

So, I need to take my lower and upper bumper off, can i take the upper off and the lower come off with it, or do they need to come off separate? How do i do this?

·
http://extremedakotas.co.
2,493 Posts
Never took of the bumper but only holding the lower valence on is the bummper so take that off valence coem with it. that anwsers part of your question lol

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You confirmed what I already suspected lol Now I just need directions lol

·
http://extremedakotas.co.
2,493 Posts
Well to take the valence off only 10, 10mm bolts hold it on might could get to the bummer easier.

·
DrPepper
1,150 Posts
Might be different on an '03...

but mine is 4 bolts and unplug the fog lights.

Open the hood, 2 bolts on each side above the frame and lift it off. The bumper cover wraps around on each side, look at it before you pull it off, you have to shift the unit back and forth so it releases. It's awkward but not real heavy.

Like I said, mine is a 2003, yours is a little different. :huh:

·
Registered
333 Posts
on top of the bumper mount there is four bolts you can remove those then take the valance off it is so much easier that way

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I don't have fog lights..YET

So at least I don't need to get up under there and fool with all that. If I could take the upper bumper off with the lower still attached, that would work, because I plan to replace them both.

If you can see it in this pic here, the lower bumper looks a little wavy, I can't tell if it's the paint, or not. But, LMC has the bumpers for like less than 100 bucks, and I love ordering new parts..so..lol

·
Yes it's a lowered 4X4
2,307 Posts
You need to remove 8 bolts in total. 4 from the top in the red square boxes and 4 from underneath where the arrows are pointing at.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Also if you have the 98/00 2 piece bumper you will have to remove the plastic rivots from inside the fender well area. 3 on each side. They go through the fender into the inner fender well plastic.

Or just convert the front end to 2001 up one piece bumper like mine. This is the 1 piece bumper you can see all the points they use to attach. Keep in mind this is just the bumper cover.

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol. I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but i will be.

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha yeah, i have.

Found a bumper for 30 bucks.. and then it's 100 dollars shipping.. so it comes out a little more than ordering from LMC.

·
Registered
333 Posts
but lmc might add extra 20 for extra large packaging thats ontop of there shipping already which if i remember right is 20 or 30 on the bumper it might be a little more though

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
Hey SolarYellowR/T how come your headlight looks blue compared to the corner light??

·
Registered
700 Posts
pershingauto.com said 0.00 shipping but the bumper was 64.00

·
Registered
727 Posts
Lol, I can take the bumper off my dak in less than 10 mins, its been off so many times.

For a 99, I'm pretty sure its the same as my 2000.

Open the hood, look down, undo the 4 bolts (2 on each side of the radiator). They are huge ass bolts on both sides in front of the radiator, can't miss them.

Then crawl under the truck, look at the bumper and you'll see a bracket on either side that are connected to the frame rail. Undo the 2 bolts holding the bracket to the frame, and do the same for the other side.

There might be plastic clips connecting the inner fender to the lower part of the bumper, but I don't remember.

After that, just yank it off.

Flip it over (so you're seeing the back part of the bumper, not the front) and you'll see a bunch of 10mm bolts. Undo those and the lower part falls off nice. Its a PITA to do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts