Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone take off the plastic lip under the front bumper?? Reason I ask this is that it cuts down on the front height. Twice now in very deep snow my D pushed snow up under and made the belt slip causing the battery light to come on, after looking into why this happen, I decided it had to be that lower plastic part that looks to be only for "looks" with no other function. Anyone else have this problem or has anyone else taken it off??? If I do take it off would it cause any onther problems.....ie. lower gas mpg or higher mpg...less drag....

G

·
Anyone take off the plastic lip under the front bumper?? Reason I ask this is that it cuts down on the front height. Twice now in very deep snow my D pushed snow up under and made the belt slip causing the battery light to come on, after looking into why this happen, I decided it had to be that lower plastic part that looks to be only for "looks" with no other function. Anyone else have this problem or has anyone else taken it off??? If I do take it off would it cause any onther problems.....ie. lower gas mpg or higher mpg...less drag....
It's the front cross member that catches the snow and not the lower valance. Taking it off will only make your truck look like crap and will only make the problem worse. Just the nature of the beast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.