Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my truck into a shop here in town today to make me a tubular front bumper. This will be my first experience with them. Ive heard mostly good things from them. The shop is called Pugz Kustomz and they mostly do air bag suspension, paint, body work, and stereos.

Heres something I was messing around with so you guys can get a feel of what it will look like. He said hes gonna start it today and work on it through the weekend. I told him to make sure he takes progress pics. Should be done by end of the weekend he said. So until then I leave you with this pic...

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
I'm really anxious to see pics, thats along the same lines as I want for my truck. Hope it comes out really good!:mullet::waiting:

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya me too! Its supposed to snow a lot here on monday according to my dad...hope it doesnt interfere with me being able to pick it up (if its done)

Im gonna give him a call tomorrow and see how its coming and if he has any pics he can email me

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talked to him today and he said he had some trouble with his bender but most of it should be done this evening

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well heres the top piece...I thought I told him I wanted it bent, not cut and welded? Gonna have to talk to him about that.

Heres the bracket to bolt up to factory

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow what was he charging you for that?
$250 out the door. Im not expecting it to be perfect or anything for what Im paying but he knows I want it bent.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Off topic, but those head light assemblies are goofy. Are you keeping them?

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Off topic, but those head light assemblies are goofy. Are you keeping them?
Planning on getting regular clears like what you got but Im in no rush to get them

just grind the welds smooth, it wont look too bad.
Hopefully! Only thing is I think bending it looks a little better. Im looking to get it powder coated black after theyre done so that might help hide them also

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So is that your getting for 250?
Thats only the top piece...

Bet he cut and welded because his bender was down.

Damn I need to get on with a bumper lol. hmm maybe time to start lol
Well he said he was having problems with it, not that it broke....idk....maybe it will turn out fine and ill like it more when i see more progress

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Today he said he got a new die for the bender and its working good now. Said he will take pics in a bit.

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heres how the top piece looks now after redoing it. Looks 10x better. Also forgot about the front inner tubs, you can see it sticking out in the back. Might have to yank those out.

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks but ya mines in decent shape...has a scuff mark by the driver side fog light that you can see in my sig. Not sure what Ill do with the bumper.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.