Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi i have a 02 durango slt+ 4.7 4wd which i belive is stock and was wondering what are some good mods that are under 20 bucks or free. and what is the best oil/spark plugs to run? thanks. and what tempature themostat is best to run? thanks. o ya gotta be legal in oregon

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
HAHA! Under $20? Well you can go get yourself almost half a tank of gas, or an oil change with the cheapest oil you can find, or a set of copper spark plugs, could hack off the muffler and buy a piece of pipe to replace it(I would say get a cherry bomb but those are way over your limit at $25-30). But seriously, $20? How old are you? This your first car?? And leave the stock t-stat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HAHA! Under $20? Well you can go get yourself almost half a tank of gas, or an oil change with the cheapest oil you can find, or a set of copper spark plugs, could hack off the muffler and buy a piece of pipe to replace it(I would say get a cherry bomb but those are way over your limit at $25-30). But seriously, $20? How old are you? This your first car?? And leave the stock t-stat.
almost a half tank of gas for 20 bucks haha we get like 1/4 of a tank with 20 bucks. im 13 and reason why im only saying 20 bucks is because im mostly saving up for my 87 iroc camaro i just wanted to give the durango a lil boost and no the camaro's my first car.

·
vtec kickin in yo
709 Posts
hi i have a 02 durango slt+ 4.7 4wd which i belive is stock and was wondering what are some good mods that are under 20 bucks or free. and what is the best oil/spark plugs to run? thanks. and what tempature themostat is best to run? thanks. o ya gotta be legal in oregon
almost a half tank of gas for 20 bucks haha we get like 1/4 of a tank with 20 bucks. im 13 and reason why im only saying 20 bucks is because im mostly saving up for my 87 iroc camaro i just wanted to give the durango a lil boost and no the camaro's my first car.
its your MOMS soccer suv for crying outloud. not yours.

·
vtec kickin in yo
709 Posts
ya but its our daily driver and we like to race. who got your freakin panties in a knot?
it's still your moms, maybe SHE likes to 'step on the pedal'. you dont even have your permit.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Only thing you will get for free is weight reduction. How far you want to go with that is up to you, there is alot of corners you can cut there!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only thing you will get for free is weight reduction. How far you want to go with that is up to you, there is alot of corners you can cut there!
ya i would like to remove the thirdrow seat's and spare and roof racks how much gains is it wish that? i would like to atleast remove the rails/3rd row. what takes to do that?

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Alot of weight reductin that can be done, jack, spare, etc...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alot of weight reductin that can be done, jack, spare, etc...
like how much will it improve performance with rear seat/roof rails gone? also how in hell do you use the scissor jack from the fac.? i couldnt figure that thing out floor jack for me.

·
Go Rangers!!
3,159 Posts
like how much will it improve performance with rear seat/roof rails gone? also how in hell do you use the scissor jack from the fac.? i couldnt figure that thing out floor jack for me.
That thing is junk, but it comes in handy if you dont have a real jack. BTW its not complicated to use, one side turns like a screw and it raises or lowers it depending on which way you turn it.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
The scissor jack works fine for a couple emergency uses. I locked mine up! Took it to the trash can, ended up twisting the turn handle like a piece of clay! Good thing I had 2-3 other jacks to use at the time when needed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The scissor jack works fine for a couple emergency uses. I locked mine up! Took it to the trash can, ended up twisting the turn handle like a piece of clay! Good thing I had 2-3 other jacks to use at the time when needed.
that bites i wish floor jacks wont so dam heavy do you know of any cheap decent and low weight replacment jacks that are easy to use?

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
If I recall, you can get a decent cheap roller jack for about $25

Like in pic() I forgot the tonage, maybe 1-2:

·
Go Rangers!!
3,159 Posts
I always use like a 15/16ths socket on the jack and use my impact to raise it up, its fast, lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts