Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got another thread that I started in December regarding a 2000 Durango, that I ended up letting it pass by because of the killer amount of miles. And then a 2002 Dakota that I've passed up for the same reasons..

But now I'm here for a newer one. I found a 2006 Dakota v6, 2wd, auto with 83000 miles on it. Private seller wants $6000.. It needs a driver's side mirror (just the glass part), and there is a dent on the passenger door (not major in my opinion).. My one and only concern is the amount of miles.. The seller "says" there's nothing else wrong with it, but I know how that goes.. I'll see about taking it for a test drive and let a mechanic check it over..

In the mean time, what do you guys think?

·
I hate you people.
2,837 Posts
Not unreasonable considering that the 3.7 is woefully underpowered for 4K+ lbs. truck. The 3.7 and 4.7 are modular engines, as they are based on the same architecture so you shouldn't have lot mechanical or electrical issues. Plus, this generation of Dakota's is Baja-tested. :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
only concern you should have is the ride... the ride is shit unless he upgraded the shocks with monroes or ranchos.. other then that great truck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. i'm currently trying to convince the future in-laws to co-sign so I can get the check.

I'm not really concerned about engine size. 99% of my driving will be to work or just around town. High power engines get me in trouble anyway..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, depending on the test drive/closer inspection, i definitely want this truck. The only problem I have is the lack of credit and a co-signer. the in-laws are on the fence, and no one in my real family can do it. The ones that can are too uptight with their money. Currently I'm stuck with one of several options. Pray that the inlaws come through for me, beg the seller to let me do payments, or somehow miraculously find 5000 more dollars before he sells it to someone else.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. i'm currently trying to convince the future in-laws to co-sign so I can get the check.

I'm not really concerned about engine size. 99% of my driving will be to work or just around town. High power engines get me in trouble anyway..
It is always nice to have enough power to get out of your damn way though:funny:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts