Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No way I don't like frames hanging down and dragging on stuff. I actually plan on a strait axle link suspension on mine before to long. If I am going to lift it I want a suspension that works. Not a body lift that shows a frame and unsightly body gaps. I was just posting this to pass it on to others.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Just buy it if you want it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
some one needs to buy it and put it on. if it works let me know :banana2:
the thing i would be worried about is the angle of my front joints . if u jack the front of youre truck up and let youre tires sag and try to turn a wheel it binds like hell. and that with only a 2" leveling kit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
by "their parts r crap" do u mean "weak" it looks like u could upgrade the balljoints and beef up the arms if u had a bit of welding skills :huh:

ok so whats the canister thing ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
that sir would be an airbag

*EDIT: i think... lol

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
AIM parts are crap, poorly built, poor quality. There is a shop near me that installed a few of their lifts on Gen I Durango's and GEN II Dakota's. The kist would never hold a proper alignment, even on trucks that never left the pavement, the owners were having to have the alignment check every couple of months.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cool you posted that link as I think about it and other threads like it I followed back in the day. After re-reading that entire thing Knobby was partially to blame as he coughed up his nice rig, tried to install himself with no instructions, then blames some installer for the front end all the while saying the kit was fine, and ends up hacking on these guys for crappy customer service and parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts