Dakota Durango Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nano brain
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased this 2001 Dakota RT from this guy, turns out he is a ford guy...should of figured that all his stories of racing and knowing how to work on cars would NEVER ever ever EVER be true.

Dont get me wrong, i got the car for a damm good price, but still. Who ever had this truck for the last 4 years has completely neglected to maintain the most lesser important parts to this truck, and most of all the EASY ONES (Belt, brakes, tires, front end, alternator, ect)

" Oh year i just had a alignment done not to long ago, but i changed the tires around my self ...but yeah it pulls to the left a bit"

dam liars.....

I just cant stand dumb people who try to fool real car fans on whats been worked on.

GRRR

·
Registered
1988 Dodge Dakota LWB RC 3.9V6 3 speed auto
1,480 Posts
Dude - that's not because he's a Ford guy, that's because he's STUPID.

Besides, he used to own a Mopar. Would that make Mopar owners stupid? *grins*

RwP

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
I've found most people don't know how to properly maintain their own vehicles. Unless is spelled out in writing what and when to do it, it won't get done. And with the newer cars, if there's not an idiot light to tell them what is wrong then they don't do it.

·
Rebel13
11,470 Posts
You should have looked over the truck better before you bought it? Don't blame previous owners, blame yourself, you bought it in it's current condition!

·
Registered ABUser
1,097 Posts
You should have looked over the truck better before you bought it? Don't blame previous owners, blame yourself, you bought it in it's current condition!
Kinda what I thought.

·
Nano brain
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew what was wrong with it when I bought the truck.I can repair most of it by my self so its no big deal.

It just stupid that people neglected maintainance issues on such a beautiful truck!

But yup thats my rant!

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
I bought a non-running 4x4 to fix and flip for some extra cash once. I thought I knew what i was getting into with that as I had a good idea of what was wrong and what the previous owner had done to the truck to try and fix it. But after I got it home and started tearing into it i was amazed with how crappy the electrical work the previous owner did to it. I ended up having to go back and re-do everything he had touched. he just twisted wires together and put electrical tape on them. In the end I only made a couple hundred on the deal, but it filled the gap of needing another vehicle while my truck was down and got me the extra money i needed to get mine running again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
your rant sounds like the previous owner to my 93 dak, she said the transfer case was loose, little did she know it had a massive hole in it

·
Nano brain
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what exactly does him lieing to you have to do with him being a ford guy, other than your fucking stupid?
I want to know how the fuck you know me so well you POS, how am I stupid if i knew what was wrong with the truck when i bought it? How about you go crawl back in your backwood shit hole of a house your parents own near the swamp where nobody cares about you and your opinions.

How is it that you, should even be talking? All you ever post about is spraying the shit out of a truck. FUCK YOU, its people like you who think they know motors but they don't know jack shit!

Why don't you get some muscle in that dak you got and shut the fuck up!

:pillow:

·
Nano brain
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I bought a non-running 4x4 to fix and flip for some extra cash once. I thought I knew what i was getting into with that as I had a good idea of what was wrong and what the previous owner had done to the truck to try and fix it. But after I got it home and started tearing into it i was amazed with how crappy the electrical work the previous owner did to it. I ended up having to go back and re-do everything he had touched. he just twisted wires together and put electrical tape on them. In the end I only made a couple hundred on the deal, but it filled the gap of needing another vehicle while my truck was down and got me the extra money i needed to get mine running again.
Thats just stupid....pretty much they guy did some quick fix's but never went back to do it right. But hell thats how you learn is just digging into a car and encountering problems and learning how to fix them right! Next time you see something similar you know whats up.

One thing i love about this forum is most of the people on here (99%) will actually give really good advice.

btw- i have always loved that color scheme of yours!

Before the wreck :(

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
I want to know how the fuck you know me so well you POS, how am I stupid if i knew what was wrong with the truck when i bought it? How about you go crawl back in your backwood shit hole of a house your parents own near the swamp where nobody cares about you and your opinions.

How is it that you, should even be talking? All you ever post about is spraying the shit out of a truck. FUCK YOU, its people like you who think they know motors but they don't know jack shit!

Why don't you get some muscle in that dak you got and shut the fuck up!

:pillow:
ive never said shit about "spraying the shit out of a truck" as a matter of fact that was the first time ive posted here in months and the stupidity is just as rampant as ever, so yet again HOW DOES HIM BEING A FORD GUY HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT HE LIED ABOUT IT, IT DOESNT YOUR JUST FUCKING RETARDED

·
Nano brain
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol, you just a little 20 year old girly man. Did i hit a nerve?

·
Outlaws Phone Warden
12,864 Posts
Wow....the butthurt is strong in here..... Northern, youre an ass... No one gives a shit whats wrong with your truck, or that it was owned by a ford guy...problems with a used vehicle? NO SHIT.... Esspecially a dodge... Thats just fucking life man...deal with it.

Reactions: Little Blue Guy
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.