Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 97 dakota has the holes for the lights in the lower valance and also a switch on the dash, just no lights. I looked for wires, or brackets behind the bumper thinking they could have been broken/removed by the last owner but didn't see anything.

Would it be easy to just get some lights and wire them up to the factory switch inside? :confused:

-Peter

·
Registered
139 Posts
I did mine...but I was able to find the wires for the factory wiring that DC put in there...even though my truck didnt come with fog lights.

All I did was connect them up...put in a factory fog light switch and get a fog light relay to plug in the fuse box and it worked.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,

I checked my fog switch in the truck again. When its pushed in(ON) it will light up when my parking lights/low beams are on like most cars. I'm guessing I should be able to just run a wire off the switch to whatever fogs I get. :banana2:

-Peter

·
Registered
74 Posts
If the switch is there and works. I would check up under your truck again for the wires to the lights. They might be tucked up in there.

Then if they arent, you will be able to use the wire that comes off the switch that would activate the stock relay, then use that same wire to activate your relay that comes with the lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.