Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"The Goat"
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've had a problem with my passenger side fog-light for some time, but have only recently (today) decided to investigate.

Easy test: I pulled the bulb from the drivers side (it's working) and plugged it into the receptacle on the passenger side - no light. I pulled the bulb from the passenger side and plugged it into the drivers side - light! So I know the bulbs are both fine.

I used the old volt-meter on the drivers side and I found just over 14.0 volts of power. On the passenger side I measured only 10.6.

Could the voltage drop be the issue? I'd have thought that even a little bit of juice would at least give me some light, albeit a low output.

How do I continue testing and troubleshooting? And what would cause a loss in power? Crappy cables or a break somewhere?

Thanks for any and all replies!!

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
cut the wire and splice into drivers side. done.

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
cut the wire and splice into drivers side. done.
+1 the fog wiring i believe is part of the larger loom of wires around the bottom of the radiator. it would be easier just to run a couple wires off the drivers side. they pull off the same circuit anyway so you wont have worry about any overloading or anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts