Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the fog light holes came covered up when I bought it do they just pop out or do i have to cut them out?

·
Registered
322 Posts
You have to cut them out. I used a 4" door knob cutter from Home Depot.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
or a dremmel

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I cut mine out and they look like crap. I couldn't figure out how to make the foglights stay in the holes and lost one. Any help on this? The mounting brackets I got with the kit sucked and I didn't see anyway to mount the brackets to my truck to make them fit.

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No its not a 2.5 its a 2000 3.9 V6 5-Speed.

C

·
0 Posts
cut out?

dje1973 said:
You have to cut them out. I used a 4" door knob cutter from Home Depot.
How much was the cutter and was it accurate... was the cut sloppy? How did it turn out once you finished making the cut?? I'll need to cut mine out too.

C

·
0 Posts
blue2000sport said:
If the fog light holes came covered up when I bought it do they just pop out or do i have to cut them out?
Have you made the cut outs for your fog/driving light?? If so what did you decide on doing and did it work?? Mine is a '98 Durango with the same problem covered up fog light holes.

C

·
0 Posts
Bigguy18LSU77 said:
I cut mine out and they look like crap. I couldn't figure out how to make the foglights stay in the holes and lost one. Any help on this? The mounting brackets I got with the kit sucked and I didn't see anyway to mount the brackets to my truck to make them fit.
How did you make the cut out for your fog lights? The fog light kit that you used was it factory or aftermarket? I hear its better to go with factory but lately after reading more posts its swaying towards aftermarket. I'll have to cut out mine here too just need to know which one is the best way on completing this.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I did mine a few months ago and just used a REALLY sharp a$$ knife and took my time .... mounting them i got the OEM kit and all came with 2 big metal brackets that bolt onto the front of the frame and holds the lights in the holes.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
code3 said:
How did you make the cut out for your fog lights? The fog light kit that you used was it factory or aftermarket? I hear its better to go with factory but lately after reading more posts its swaying towards aftermarket. I'll have to cut out mine here too just need to know which one is the best way on completing this.

I would go factory. The aftermarket ones I got from Autozone sucked. One fell out so I took the other one out and just have ugly holes there now.

C

·
0 Posts
Mr-SXT said:
I did mine a few months ago and just used a REALLY sharp a$$ knife and took my time .... mounting them i got the OEM kit and all came with 2 big metal brackets that bolt onto the front of the frame and holds the lights in the holes.
When you cut out the holes did you remove the bumper or did you cut with bumper attached on vehicle? How would I know where to cut? Is there a line to follow??

C

·
0 Posts
Bigguy18LSU77 said:
I would go factory. The aftermarket ones I got from Autozone sucked. One fell out so I took the other one out and just have ugly holes there now.
Are you going to try what Mr.SXT did and used factory w/brackets.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I left the bumper on the line I followed was the very edge of the cover that is sunk in .... the lights with the OEM kit sit flush with the holes in the bumper once you get them on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts