Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering why when I turn on my high beams turn on, my fog lights turn off. It seemed kind of weird in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Well that is your typical b-shit state laws at work there my friend!

·
Registered
145 Posts
mad2155 said:
i was wondering why when I turn on my high beams turn on, my fog lights turn off. It seemed kind of weird in my opinion.
The reasoning behind that is that your high beams should not be used in the fog, so.....................

It has been like that on most vehicles since the '80's.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Yeh, but most of the time I drive with my fogs during the day and dawn/dusk cause it looks so damn sexy on daks. I want to re-wire them so I dont need the parking lights on at the same time.

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
i agree with Black99R/Trc 100%, i love it looks at dusk :drool: , but around here i have only seen one other person do it. Here is a pic of mine

·
Drop and destroy!!
404 Posts
:drool: I not 100% sure on what's under the hood of a 99 Durango but I'm pretty sure that Dodge did not move the headlight/foglight relay to the interior until later years. Your relay should be under the hood. The best way to locate it is to trace the wires back from the headlights to any junction box under the hood. Any wires feeding into a small box from your headlights should be the headlight/foglight relay. Find that for starters.

F

·
0 Posts
i looked all over under the hood and couldnt find anything, i traced the wires from the pass. side headlight over to the drivers side and then it runs along the side back to the firewall and then into the interior.i will look again. thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you want your foglights to be on with the brights you have to make a jumper wire on the fog light relay in the fuse box in the engine compartment.
There should be a few pics but if not you can e-mail me for pics at [email protected]

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts