Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which series flowmaster do yall prefer for a 3.9 mag.? I've got the factory muff w/duals and it sounds decent but I put a drop on it and one of the tails is hitting when I hit a bump so I'm just going to replace it all from the cat back. I wonder if a catback setup would hit w/a drop? Or should I replace the muff and have tails made for it? advise please? thanks

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
It all depends on how loud you want it. The 40 serries 2 chamber is going to be your best bet if you want it kinda loud. IF you get a cat back the tailpipes will most likely hit that axle tube. You could just run the muffler Dumped.

5,187 Posts
rt99three60 said:
i say no on the flowmaster go with a magnaflow or borla muffler even gibson mufflers sound good IMO a 40 series would sound like shit on a V6 truck i think it would be too loud
I had Flowmaster 40 series delta flow on my 2000 3.9 and I loved it. It's sounds really good at low RPM...But kinda shitty at WOT. I've never heard Magnaflow on a 3.9 so I can't say Check out http://exhaustsoundclips.com/phpbb2/dload.php They don't have anything on the 3.9 but you can hear the differences between Flowmaster and Magnaflow

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't speak about the V6, but on my last three trucks (5.9, 4.7, 4.7) I've used a single in dual out 40 series two-chamber Flowmaster and it just owns. Very agressive sounding and loud. Everyone always assumes its a hot rodded vehicle, but I actually don't mess with it at all except for a K&N with the Flowmaster. I also found that runing dual straight out the back coming out under the rear bumper makes it better too, no curves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.