Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my new Flowmaster 50 series over the weekend. And I am honestly impressed with it. Nice strong rumble at idle, sounds real good under acceleration and there is no interior noise while cruising. Its exactly what I wanted. Hell of a lot better than stock.

All i did was cut the old muffler off, cut the proper length of pipe for extension (flowmaster was about 4 inches shorter than stock. Welded the extension on then welded the muffler on. With the new muffler I was able to tuck the stock tail pipe upwards and closer inside. You can just barely see the pipe now. Didn't have to do any other mod to the current setup. Overall I am very happy with the sound. If there was any performance gain its going to be marginal (you can't feel 5 hp in the butt dyno). For $100 (approximately) I've got a nice good sounding catback setup.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
so you FINALLY got up and did something! Glad you like your exhaust hopefully when my B-Day comes around I'll have the $$$ to get the spintech catback system! :woot: :woot: :woot:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, yup i finally did. also my clear corner lights should be comin in sometime this week so that will give me something else to do.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
right on man, glad you like it...by the way your camera is right there...no not there, over there, yea there, noooooo, over there...nevermind...hahaha you can borrow mine.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:stupid: :hijack: no wonder he's got a high post count

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Shawn must have something to do cause he sure has slacked off on his post! And he calls himself a postwhore :rolleyes:

Really where have you been lately?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually had to work while I've been at work. I don't understand that concept.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
SSRage said:
Actually had to work while I've been at work. I don't understand that concept.
i never did either, what the heck is that? will someone please explain that to me please?!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would be nice to hear a sound

It would be nice to hear a sound bite.
I've been thinking about using a FM 50 D But don't want a truck thats so loud that i can't the Radio.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
then that would be a good muffler for you...it has enough rumble to enjoy it but its soft enough not to drive you crazy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts