Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys been doing alot of reading and searching on turbo setups. The easiest way for me would be to flip the stock manifolds and make a y pipe up front. I have an electric fan already so there's plenty of room. I read that the power steering pump will be in the way.
What I've heard is using a P/S pump from a Grand Cherokee will make the drivers side header clear. Can anyone confirm this?
Here's a pic of a 5.9 cherokee motor and you can see the pump hows it's different
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/tgraham/Project Cowpower/?action=view&current=IMG_2978.jpg

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I flipped a set of JBAs and had to relocate the ps pump. I was told the same thing about the Jeep PS pump, but never tried it out. A new one was too much money and we never took the time to go find one in a junk yard.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont see a problem with using the stock manifolds for now. If I could use stock manifolds later down the road I can grab a nice set of shorties for it and put those on.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats besides the point. What I want to know is will stock log manifolds or stock collector shorty headers clear a cherokee PS pump on a 5.9 with the manifolds flipped forward.

·
Registered Loser
2,342 Posts
thats besides the point. What I want to know is will stock log manifolds or stock collector shorty headers clear a cherokee PS pump on a 5.9 with the manifolds flipped forward.
I don't see how it would clear it.

Even if it would, would you have any hood clearance left?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Dunno if this helps..but this is what we did for mine.

I know you have a GEN III, but the engines are still laid out the same.

Also I dont have an AC comp andy more.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
The cast iron manifolds should be fine performers for a mild application. They will keep more engergy in the exhaust than a tubular manifold would.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right on looks good! Do you have any more pictures of the setup? What size dp do you got? hows the clearance to the firewall?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts