Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wondering if anyone has a head unit with the flip out screen? i was thinkin about buying one but i wasnt sure if it would hit the top of my dash. i have a 99 rt cc someone please help me. if you have pics that would be great! thank you

·
Registered
175 Posts
bg99rt said:
hey i was wondering if anyone has a head unit with the flip out screen? i was thinkin about buying one but i wasnt sure if it would hit the top of my dash. i have a 99 rt cc someone please help me. if you have pics that would be great! thank you
The Pioneer AVIC fit just fine in my 2003. Did not hit at all...

·
Banned
6,056 Posts
themongrel said:
The Pioneer AVIC fit just fine in my 2003. Did not hit at all...
That's because the 97-00 dashes are completely different from the 01-04 dashes. I thought you already knew that Phil. ;)

To answer your question: Yes it will hit the top of the dash, but all flip screens can be adjusted forward or back. Too far foward and yes it will hit, but you can move it so it won't.

Here's some pics of mine:

If it were to be angled back anymore, it would hit the dash, but it's far enough out to hit the buttons on the top. It works for me and I love my new Pioneer. :biggthump

·
Banned
6,056 Posts
Yeah you can do that on the Pioneers too, but if it retracts the light sensor for dimming wil always be set to dark. If dash will cover it up and make the screen pretty dark in the day, so it's got to stick out some in able for the sensor to rear the light correctly. It's definitely a good feature though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks a lot guys! see i got this really good deal from a friend of mine. he has a new kenwood and he bought a new colorado ss and didnt want to deal with taking his factory cd player out and remounting it somewhere else so he told me he would sell it to me for $400 so i really want to buy it but im not too sure..... i have to sell my speakers and amp to get the money so.... any more replies & pics welcome!!

·
Car Audio God
458 Posts
bg99rt said:
thanks a lot guys! see i got this really good deal from a friend of mine. he has a new kenwood and he bought a new colorado ss and didnt want to deal with taking his factory cd player out and remounting it somewhere else so he told me he would sell it to me for $400 so i really want to buy it but im not too sure..... i have to sell my speakers and amp to get the money so.... any more replies & pics welcome!!
Sweet! I just picked up a Clarion vrx945vd for $400 from a local buy. 7" touch-screen, illuminated display when screen is housed...great unit...i love it!

NG

·
Registered
15 Posts
bg99rt said:
holy crap thats a good deal. If you don't want it I will buy it from him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.