Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a BEFORE pic. I'll post updated pics as I progress.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the crappy pics, but this is some progress. Got the frame straightened. I thought I got a good pic of it after I took the bumper off, but I didn't. And it was snowing tonight when I got it back, so not a great opportunity for pics.

Before

After

He also welded and cleaned up the lower radiator support. It just had a tiny dent in it. I'll get pics tomorrow of the grill guard, he was able to straighten it and I'll put it back together and take some pics.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey do you need some brackets?
Sorry I missed your post the first time around. They were able to straighten the brackets, plus I grabbed some off the one from the junkyard.

It's at the paint shop right now, so I'll have pics here during this next week.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it back from the shop. Need to put the grill guard together, put on the bug shield, fix/secure the e-fan, charge the A/C system, replace the driver's side fender well, change the passenger headlight, find and replace the lower shield (the one under the engine), and change the lower radiator hose.

Got home at Midnight tonight, so I'll get a bunch of that done tomorrow and we'll be rockin'.

Oh, also notice the hood. I had him smooth out the old hood ornament and I got a larger one that is just black and chrome from the tailgate of the newer Dakotas. I'll see how it looks tomorrow. If I don't like it, I'll go find something else.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was finally able to get the bottom radiator hose changed. It took me forever to get it off there, but got it done. Then replaced the headlight. Secured the e-fan, the mount is still broken, but it isn't going anywhere as it is wedged in there where it goes. When it warms up I'll put some JB Weld over the top of that plastic just to make sure. Tried to charge the A/C system and I just couldn't get it to kick on seeing as it was about 25 outside....lol. So that'll wait.

Then I put the hood ornament on. Horrible pics since I got it done after it was dark, but you can check the eBay link to see what the actual thing looks like, and I'll have more pics soon when I get everything else put on the front.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0510496304&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
keep the guard as it...the badge on hood is crooked...and i say take it back off

·
glad you are getting things:Dtogether; sure is cold there 80 degrees here:waiting:blkjak...

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
keep the guard as it...the badge on hood is crooked...and i say take it back off
I kinda like the looks of the grill guard like that too. I think I'll keep it that way for a while and see if I like it. However the side bars serve a great purpose in this deer filled country. Can't count the number of times I've seen people smack a deer and just break the lights out and maybe bend the hood or fender right on the edge. I don't need to paint this damn thing again anytime soon.

I think the picture is crooked, not the badge. And I like it :nana:

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
glad you are getting things:Dtogether; sure is cold there 80 degrees here:waiting:blkjak...
Problem is the damn daylight is too short. It has been getting up to like 33 or 34, with some pretty intense sun, so everything is melting. But then as soon as the sun goes down it it cools off fast and turns everything to a skating rink. Was 18 when I got up this morning. Not horrible for this time of year, but two weeks ago it was in the 40s all week and we almost lost all of our snow.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's what that hood ornament looks like:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts