Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: Alright, I just bought my first Dodge, a 99 durango. Anyway, it just had a replacement engine put in it before I bought it. I got it Friday, and today I noticed a spot underneath it. After inspection, it is oil. My question is, now that I have an oil leak to fix, are there any common or notorious places that the 5.2L will leak? I would like to narrow down my search, before I tear into everthing.

Please make my job easier!

Thanks,
dogthenine

·
Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
716 Posts
Oil leak on a 5.2, where to start?.......... i kno real common spot valve cover gaskets, another less common is oil pan...... other than that the intake manifold leaks oil into the motor sometimes, just get under her and check there its comin from........could be a loose drain plug

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have elimated the drain plug. It has a 30 day 50/50 warranty, I know it can't be anything real major. I just don't have the time right now to track it down and fix it myself, with I would prefer to do. I guess I will take it back and let them fix it.
Thanks for the response,
dogthenine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.