Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i finally took the 99 r/t out to see what it was made of. ended the night with 6 wins and 1 loss. me and my buddy were riding around the local hotspot looking for ricers, and i started the night by beating 3 of them all at once! it was awesome. there was a line of 5 of them exiting onto the road we were on, so i sling-shot around all of em (they were in single file line) and went by revving at each one to see who wanted to play. the last two hung back while the front 3 shot out caught up. so they nail it, and it caught me off gaurd at first, the first two jumped in front while the last was even with me, so i nail it leaving the 3rd behind me, passed the second one, and started walking on the first one. i think i had about 1.5 lengths on the first when we shut it down and they all turned to go to the hangout lot.

next win was a two for one. i was messing with a guy in a toyota matrix and he wanted to go but couldnt because of traffic. finally we get to a light and there's a single cab chevy 1500 between us. when the light turned all 3 of us punched it....i started leading by 30 and kept pulling...my buddy leaned out the window and did the rowboat, lol. then the chevy went with us one more time and same results happened...but i noticed a new ram 2500 that took off on us when he pulled out from another road ahead. so i get next to him at the light and i knew he'd be willing to go cause he didnt have a tag so he just got it. get next to him and my buddy motions for him to go...he revs and his girl leans over and started chewing him out and saying no....so my buddy looks at him again and says "do YOU want to go?", guy looks at the wife, looks back (she's still bitching) and smiles and nods yes, lol. so light turns and i get a nose on him and pulled about a length on him by the time we hit light #2. this time we went from a 20 roll and he started pulling ahead till i hit 3rd and i got him by a nose...those cummins turbo rams are no joke! i hope the guy still got laid that night, lol.

last race was a loss...unfortunatly to an '09 civic si. he wasnt stock either, but i didnt expect him to whoop me as bad as he did....he had racing rims and a muffler, but it wasnt riced out at all...at WOT you could barely hear his exhaust. idk what all he had done to it, but he chirped 3rd gear. i'll give it to the guy, it was actually a clean civic....burnt orange color and no wing/loud pipe/etc...kind of a sleeper. anyway, raced him twice and he put 2 lengths on me both times....first time he let me get a length lead and passed me. told one of my other friends about it today (he has a 2001 mustang gt) and he was lol'n...i was like dude, it would have beat you too, lol. so yea, lost to a civic...feels bad man.

all in all, i was happy with the truck...it has more balls than i thought. the only mods i know it has are intake, exhaust, m1, rr's, hardened pushrods, and headwork....supercharger is out till i get it fixed. and i only have to buy a SCT and headers before the 408 goes in.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Wow,busy night. Good kills.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nice...

You gotta watch for those non-rice civics... They put all their money into engine mods and make them very low key outside.

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice...

You gotta watch for those non-rice civics... They put all their money into engine mods and make them very low key outside.
yea....he definitly surprised me. at first i thought his second gear was just strong and once he hit third he drop back some....nope....SOB chirped third and kept pulling. i'd have felt worse if it had a wing and fart pipe, but being as clean as it was i can respect it...plus the other wins helped my ego anyway.

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what are the mods?
i have no idea what he had.....it was enough to put two lengths on me. i have m1, headwork, pushrods, rr's, exhaust, and looks like some shitty small short-tube headers....

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know it fun to race and stomp ricers, with a Dak or Dur.
But I think it should be the stance of the Dakota-Durango, to not condone or encourage any form of street racing.
If you want to race take it to the track.
Here in Columbus, Ohio there has been several cases of street racing, and quite a few of them resulted in injury and death. The deaths were people that were racing.
Our vehicles range between 2.5 tons to 3 tons in weight. Imagine the damage one of our vehicles would do if you lost control of it. While doing something very irresponsible on public roads.
Could you live with the thought of permanetly injuring or possible killing someone, because you wanted to "street Race"?
I had a Civic and was on a Honda Civic web forum. And it was their policy to not condone ot tolerate street racing. Post of any such were deleted and poster warned not to repeat posting.

Just my .02

·
Registered
728 Posts
3rd gear in the si is the strongest gear.

If you tell me what you trap in the 1/4 mile i'll tell you what he had done to it :D

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it fun to race and stomp ricers, with a Dak or Dur.
But I think it should be the stance of the Dakota-Durango, to not condone or encourage any form of street racing.
If you want to race take it to the track.
Here in Columbus, Ohio there has been several cases of street racing, and quite a few of them resulted in injury and death. The deaths were people that were racing.
Our vehicles range between 2.5 tons to 3 tons in weight. Imagine the damage one of our vehicles would do if you lost control of it. While doing something very irresponsible on public roads.
Could you live with the thought of permanetly injuring or possible killing someone, because you wanted to "street Race"?
I had a Civic and was on a Honda Civic web forum. And it was their policy to not condone ot tolerate street racing. Post of any such were deleted and poster warned not to repeat posting.

Just my .02
thats cool. you're entitled to your opinion. just so you know though, none of these races were in or around traffic....we were way ahead out of the way of the few cars on the road that time of night, and this is a 6 lane road with red lights every half mile or so....i dont think any of them got over 80mph and we slowed down long enough to be able to stop safely for any lights. the street racers around here are pretty knowledgeable in safety. they used to use spotters that would ride ahead and use walkie's to tell them if there was traffic coming up, cops, lights, etc...it was as safe as it could be. one night we even had a couple cops spot for a 383 stroker s-10 and a built T/A race (knew a few of the guys....yes they could have gotten in big trouble, but they kept it safe at least). so while i agree some-what with what you are saying, i just hope that you will have the time to post that same message to the other 80% of racing threads in this section, since the majority of those happen on the street. thanks. no attitude, just putting it out there.
3rd gear in the si is the strongest gear.

If you tell me what you trap in the 1/4 mile i'll tell you what he had done to it :D
i have no idea...i havent taken it to the track, and all we have around here is a 1/8 mile. if i had to guess, with the mods it has, i guess it would probably be close to mid-14's? i'm not good at guessing times though and i dont know what the civic si's run stock, but whatever he had put two lengths on me pretty quick....when i went WOT he was a length behind me, and then passed me and put two lengths on me by the time we hit 70. i saw a flat black muffler (quiet too), racing rims, and the rest of the exterior was bone stock. and it was either an 08 or 09 model for sure.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well it wasn't supercharged, because the superchargers for the si are extremely loud and obvious twin scroll :D

Probably intake/header/exhaust and flashpro.

Those mods listed above are good for 13's with a trap around 98-102 mph

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds about right. it wasnt loud at all....barely a hum from the exhaust....which could almost pass for stock sounding, but it was a nice muffler. it was clean though. rims were black, muffler was black, and the car was that orange color so it all looked clean....no wing or stickers, just a clean stock looking civic. i'll admit, i'd drive one if i could afford one right now...wouldnt trade or give up the truck for one, but i'd drive one for a DD.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Interesting

Nice...

That fast but that quiet with no SC or TC whine? 8-9 years ago when I used to go check out the cars from time to time before they moved out to stage (never directly spectated or participated) I came across a 98 Corolla with a lightly modded 192hp V6 Camry engine in it. I believe that engine could put a stock 4 door Camry from 0-60 in slightly under 7 seconds at the time, no idea how fast it must have made a 98 Corolla. Makes me wonder if there might not be Civic owners out there who somehow shoe-horn Accord V6 motors under the hood.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Here

one night we even had a couple cops spot for a 383 stroker s-10 and a built T/A race (knew a few of the guys....yes they could have gotten in big trouble, but they kept it safe at least). so while i agree some-what with what you are saying, i just hope that you will have the time to post that same message to the other 80% of racing threads in this section, since the majority of those happen on the street. thanks. no attitude, just putting it out there.
I don't know if anybody ever seen, a couple yrs back here in Philly a couple local cops decided to jump in on the action and were clearly filmed on youtube right in the middle of the crowd doing burnouts in a crown vic. For all the fuss and promises to find and punish them I can't remember ever reading that they were identified and disciplined.

·
Registered
139 Posts
thats cool. you're entitled to your opinion. just so you know though, none of these races were in or around traffic....we were way ahead out of the way of the few cars on the road that time of night, and this is a 6 lane road with red lights every half mile or so....i dont think any of them got over 80mph and we slowed down long enough to be able to stop safely for any lights. the street racers around here are pretty knowledgeable in safety. they used to use spotters that would ride ahead and use walkie's to tell them if there was traffic coming up, cops, lights, etc...it was as safe as it could be. one night we even had a couple cops spot for a 383 stroker s-10 and a built T/A race (knew a few of the guys....yes they could have gotten in big trouble, but they kept it safe at least). so while i agree some-what with what you are saying, i just hope that you will have the time to post that same message to the other 80% of racing threads in this section, since the majority of those happen on the street. thanks. no attitude, just putting it out there.
I know it happens alot. But by my guess most of here are older the the 18-25 ricer crowd. I appreciate you took some steps to try and be safe. But we dont always know how things will turn out when we start something like this.
A blown motor w oil or a blown tire at a high rate of speed is not a good thing.
Thank you for understanding and being cool about it. I have lost friend to street racing. And also to drunk driving, so I guess till it happens to you it might be hard to envision it happening to you.
Becareful and stay safe. Dont want to have to answer to the BIG GUY upstairs til it is truly your time.

·
Registered
728 Posts
That fast but that quiet with no SC or TC whine? 8-9 years ago when I used to go check out the cars from time to time before they moved out to stage (never directly spectated or participated) I came across a 98 Corolla with a lightly modded 192hp V6 Camry engine in it. I believe that engine could put a stock 4 door Camry from 0-60 in slightly under 7 seconds at the time, no idea how fast it must have made a 98 Corolla. Makes me wonder if there might not be Civic owners out there who somehow shoe-horn Accord V6 motors under the hood.
Impossible. The under the hood room for the engine, it BARELY fits the 2.0 4 cylinder that is currently in there. No way in hell a V6 would fit under there.

The only swaps we do are a 2.4L bottom end with the same K20 head up top.

That setup with an easily streetable cam can make 280 whp and 200+ wtq all day long.

·
Registered
29 Posts
8th Si's are quick I had a 07 si 3rd chirped all the time for me but mine had a stage 3+ clutch an 11 lbs flywheel and other goodies. I wish I had it back.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Impossible. The under the hood room for the engine, it BARELY fits the 2.0 4 cylinder that is currently in there. No way in hell a V6 would fit under there.

The only swaps we do are a 2.4L bottom end with the same K20 head up top.

That setup with an easily streetable cam can make 280 whp and 200+ wtq all day long.
So if the V6 engines won't fit, why does Hasport make motor mounts for the J-series engines to go into the EK Civic? http://hasport.com/store/index.php/ekj1.html

Its been done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts