Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Car Audio God
458 Posts
addicted2blue00 said:
be in a cool area and not in the sun, watch for the amount of hardner you put in, its quick, slower it dries the more level and smooth itll come out from what im thinkin.
Eh. Make sure you DO put enough tho, it should set up SOLID in 20minutes TOPS! ( I usually get on extra bottle of hardener). I recommend using a smaller rectangular gladware container for the resin. When it sets, it pops right out of the container and you can re-use over and over. Be very liberal with the resin...I usually dip mine in...and lay it down. Get any air bubbles out.

Also, use WIDE masking tape...and I recommend vasaline...so the mold comes off the tape. Make sure you have PLENTY of gloves as well.

NG

· Car Audio God
458 Posts
The vaseline works well! For the baffle rings...aka sub rings made out of MDF...pick up some 1/4-3/8 inch dowels. Stretch fleece over it. Use hot glue to secure the dowels and the fleece VERY tightly. Put a coat of resin on the outside...and paint on some resin and mat.

NG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.