Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow (Monday, as long as it isn't raining...) I am going to try my hand at fiberglassing. I am building an enclosure to mount under the seats of my QC. If all goes as planned, I should have the bottom done tomorrow.

I have NEVER done this before, all I have is online tutorials to go by, but they seem complete enough. I have the materials, but I need to pick up some disposable paintbrushes in the morning.

Any last minute tips?

· Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
suffolk_mopar said:
good luck getting subs to fit underneath the seats, theres no room there, can barely fit an amp.
I am considering cutting out the carpet under the seats, as well as under the bottom of the seats, but can't bring myself to do it yet!

It's a good thing the weather was not conductive to this project today, the vaseline is a good idea. I'll be sure to pick some up before this weekend.

· Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, not my actual floor! I can press a good amount into the carpet under the rear seats. There is a lot of space to be gained by removing some carpet from under there. I just don't know how to finish the cut edges nicely! Granted, the box will hide the cut edges, I am sure, but still...

Plus, I don't know what is actually under there...

· Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
addicted2blue00 said:
if you use sub rings what do you use to hold them up over the base to lay the fiber mat?
I will be using mdf rings, I will probably just suspend them in position with some dowl or something, and hot glue them in place. I will be fleecing the top, already got the fleece.

· Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ngsm13 said:
The vaseline works well! For the baffle rings...aka sub rings made out of MDF...pick up some 1/4-3/8 inch dowels. Stretch fleece over it. Use hot glue to secure the dowels and the fleece VERY tightly. Put a coat of resin on the outside...and paint on some resin and mat.

NG
I guess I have read enough how-to's! I posted what was going to do before I read your post!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.