Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I started the whole project this year with a lot of time and a lot troubleshooting I got her road ready about a month or so ago. A little about the truck its a 99 ext cab rt I built a 408 and is fuel injected. For tuning the fuel at the moment I am using a apexi afc. I have put in a return system also. I am looking to add a wideband and getting long tubes instead of the restrictive shortys. But after the headers I have dual 2.5" with two flowmaster super 44, very happy with the sound I would recommend it to anyone. Also I have two nitto 555 on the stock rt rims. ok so I took it to the track and this is what I got.

ambient air was in mid to low 60's

Reaction .590
60ft 2.126
1/8th ET 8.743
1/8th mph 87.51
1/4 ET 13.352
1/4 mph 105.41

our track kinda sucks so hooking is an issue for most in which was one of mine but I think with some real tuning and a good set of long tubes and also some real drag tires along with some upgrades to the stock tranny I can make it to the 12's :)

future plans: sct prp
turbo
innovate wideband
drag slicks
weight reduction/ transfer
tranny work
and some minor other things :)

thanks mopar for some bad ass toys :)

Attachments

·
Double Ought Dakota
649 Posts
get some suspension/slicks, theres a ton left in that setup with that 2.1 60ft

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Nice times man. Get some slicks and practice your launch you will be in the 12's for sure, im running 12.4's on the stock tranny but that is going to be replaced soon. What's the motor specs? Do you have a stall?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
360 bored 30 over and to a 4 inch stroke, Eddy performer rpm heads that I ported and polished, M1 intake also polished, 30lbs injectors, krc 408x cam, tb is shelby durango prototype 52mm, eagle steel crank, eagle sir lightweight rods, keith black dished forged pistons, plasma moly rings, hardened push rods, mopar performance hydraulic lifters, and 1.7 rr pro magnum by comp cams......and a few other things :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
that 408x cam is kinda a small cam for a 408, i used to run the krc 210x cam in my 408 and that is pretty much the same cam as the 408x. im now running a 236/242 on a 108 lsa with 567 lift. im runnin 12.8 on street tires and 20's so i think you've got 12's in the bag. just need some more traction. what kinda stall you running?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found my converter off of craigslist and was advertised as 2400 but when burning out it goes to 3000 so i think its higher.

·
Double Ought Dakota
649 Posts
that's brake stall

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
2bbl or 4bbl M1?
And a 52 TB is small for a 408.
i have a 53mm and the fastman said anything over that N/A was kinda overkill

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its a 2 barrel and it is a 52 mm throttle body but its ok for now considering i have no clue what my air fuel is at but next year im gonna get it a good tune with the sct.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i have a 53mm and the fastman said anything over that N/A was kinda overkill
Depends on the NA build...I Like Dan, and he's done a couple TB's for me over the years, but I think he's wrong here.
I was struggling to get into the 12's at my 7000 DA, bolted on a 4bbl M1 and a 58 F&B...Bingo, running 12.7s

1 - 18 of 18 Posts