Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought an old unity H1 5" spot back in September and I have slowly been gathering parts and modifying it.
So the H1 is originally a sealed been light I ordered a KC 5" housing and a H3 135w bulb so I could get the high candel power of the newer 6" unity spot lights on a smaller package that wouldn't look funny on my Dakota. Then I painted the shell and ring silver so it would look more like it belongs on my Dakota.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It should turn out to be quite handy.

·
9,489 Posts
Both.. Theyre something that would be good for the Tech Exchange.. Put them into the Submissions section. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both.. Theyre something that would be good for the Tech Exchange.. Put them into the Submissions section. :)
Well I didn't take any Picts of the install process. So I would have to take it off to get picts of that. Some where I have a link to another website install write up on a ram I don't know if I could use that. I think I have all the Picts for the H3 upgrade. All the rest of the specs I can find easily.

Give me a few days to finish finals and ill do a write up on the H3 upgrade. If the mods don't care at the bottom ill link to the other site for the ram install for reference, but when you buy the mount it will come with the template and directions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well as requested I have started my write up on the H3 bulb upgrade for the old H1 spot lights. All I have left to do is look it over again and track down all my links for parts and Picts. So hopefully I will get it submitted to the tech exchange tomarrow!
I will also include tips and reference info for install.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well I bought an old unity H1 5" spot back in September and I have slowly been gathering parts and modifying it.
So the H1 is originally a sealed been light I ordered a KC 5" housing and a H3 135w bulb so I could get the high candel power of the newer 6" unity spot lights on a smaller package that wouldn't look funny on my Dakota. Then I painted the shell and ring silver so it would look more like it belongs on my Dakota.

the real question is do you have a write up for those lights you have mounted behind the grill? looks good!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are just the cheap Walmart fog lights zip tied to the radiator support. I took out the silly 55w blue fog bulbs and installed 100w silvania off road bulbs. The passenger side fits well in a little pocket but the drivers side doesn't have the same amount of space so the grill contacts the light.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yay, finally some pictures. All I could find was of a Ram and it was a far away pic. I bought two off CL and was going to install them on the pillar, but learned they go on the door. Can you snag an interior shot of it to see how much space it takes up and does it interfere with the Oh Shit bar?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yay, finally some pictures. All I could find was of a Ram and it was a far away pic. I bought two off CL and was going to install them on the pillar, but learned they go on the door. Can you snag an interior shot of it to see how much space it takes up and does it interfere with the Oh Shit bar?
Sorry for the log delay I've moved back across the country to MI soo I've been busy.
No it doesn't interfere with the OH S**** bar or your mirror vision. Lol the only thing that may bother some is if you are a smoker. Before I quit I use to hit my cigarette on the Handel.

Door open pic I took for you after you first asked and never had a chance to post it up for ya lol.

Ill try to get one with the door closed tomarrow or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts