Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fuel Monster
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, four weeks, two snow storms and four feet of snow later, I finally got my new Kenwood 525 headunit installed.
Sounds good and looks pretty good too, I still can't believe it's in.
Now, hopefully wheels and tires in the spring.
:biggthump

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Lokking good man can't wait till its time to get a new one for me

:biggthump

·
Dakota for Life!
1,961 Posts
Shaweet! How much? Ease of installation? Sirius satelite capable? Sorry for all the questions. It's just that I've been eyeballin that make/model for a long time. Thanks!

·
Fuel Monster
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,
it cost about $500 (cdn) but that included the unit, installation, an extra year warr., install kit, & adapter, installation only took about a hour and Sirius Satellite ready.
I still have to mess around with it for a bit but I like it :mullet:

Just waiting to hear back about my new wheels.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So what do you think of the interface? i've got the x579, which has the same faceplate (no idea how the features compare), and i was really disappointed in it from a usability standpoint. Every button is the same size, and they're way too small to hit without looking. Why? To make room for a second display line of blinking lights that i turned off the first time i used it :clap2: . i also find that the faceplate is very fussy to fit back on. i probably would have gone with something else if i'd done a bit more homework. i was wondering if this was just me being fussy, or if other people felt the same way about it.

i have to say, though, that the feature set is very good for the price. With some decent speakers the sound system really came alive.

...dave

·
Fuel Monster
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree, the buttons are kinda small, I find myself holding the remote (just like watching tv with the gf), now I can bug her in the truck too lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.