Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did trade in the Intrepid yesterday, the day after the competition, so I can finally start drivin the Durango around and playin w/ it :)

Today I got the Panasonic 2083 Ghostface Touchscreen HU in there, and all the RCA's ran along w/ remote wire. So I hopefully don't have to take that damn dash off again, lol.

Stock take players suck

This doesn't :D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well even though it seems like nobody really cares, lol. I'm gonna post pix anyway. This is definitely not what my install is going to be, but I needed somethin to hold me over till I get the 4 12s.

My old Memphis HP 12's on a 2500d, but the 2500d is at 8 ohms ;) I don't wanna fry the subs, lol. Its just a box my buddy had layin around so I'm stealin it for a little while.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
You could have gotten a better CD player... but whatever.

Resonant Engineering ......I love those subs. My friend had 2 15" subs in his extended cab silverado.

Paul

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
You could have gotten a better CD player... but whatever.
Are ya jokin or what? Its a $500 cd player? If you're bein serious, what would make a CD player 'better' than this one?

If Panasonic didn't make good HU's, I doubt that the guy who's house I was just at with (I'm estimating here) a $150,000 extreme vehicle would be using 2 of them in his podium.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Alpine will be the best. Alpine is the best quality. It looks to me like you aren't exactly looking for that. So I'm sure that pannisonic is just fine. I just wouldn't be caught dead spending 500 bucks on it. I'd rather spend 800 or more on an Alpine.

Paul

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
with technology the way it is today...you can hardly tell the difference between the hu. i bet if you were blind folded and and we played each head unit throught the same amps and speakers...i bet you wouldnt know the difference.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JohnnyKo12 said:
what would make a CD player 'better' than this one?
you never really answered my question, lol. But yea, you're right. And if I get some W7s and MBQuart comps I'll then have the best setup ever in history and it can never get any better, ever :rolleyes:

I'm not looking for quality? I own 2 subs that have an incredible amount of sound quality and sheer output togehter in one. Most ppl would kill to have em, but I'm not looking for quality, I apologize.

BTW...If you're not gonna listen to me, at least listen to Kaui, he seems to know what he's talking about.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
i know there are differences, but it all boils down to what features you want what ever...they are both good brands...

·
Registered
402 Posts
i agree with kaui. alpine use to have the very best head unit, but now days a lot of other brands have caught up to if not surpassed alpine when it comes to technological advancements.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
but when it comes to monitor technology, alpine and kenwood are the 2 top dogs right now...but thatll change in like a month or so...hahaha

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
1 12 and 1 15

1 12 and 1 15 upside down

They're not as insane as my xxx's looks wise, but I betcha they're gonna be a hell of a lot louder

Me and the Iggster gettin a little excited w/ our new toys

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They're not as beefed as my xxx's, but then again, not too many woofers really are (unless they're made of fake ass chrome plating and garbage). I have feeling I might be a little louder though now ;)

1 XXX12 and 1 SX15

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got em straight from Resonant Engineering. Unless you have a dealer in your area, they send em straight to ya instead of directing you to a shop.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The wall is projected as next weeks plan but I needed somethin for the time being.

This is the way the box looked when I picked it up, actually it was even worse, it was the back 1/2 of my buddies wall from his car so it was full of expanding foam, and lots of crud. I had to chop a little bit off to even it out, make it semi-decent, lol.

My interiors = teh sux0rs :mad: I need to have the bass all the way down so the interiors don't sound like complete crap. So even w/ the NF all the way up the bass was still kind of weak w/ the 2500d at a little over 4 ohms unless I have the gain craaanked so I switched it down to 1. Sounded a lot better that way.

The box turned out to be 5.8 cubes after port and displacements, tuned to about 34 hz. 40in^2 of port.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts