Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SoutheastR/T
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an ongoing effort to produce complete Gen 3 Hemi engine swap kits that will cover the below vehicles :
  • 1966-72 Mopar B-Body Gen III Hemi Swap Components
  • 1972-93 Dodge D100 and D150 Gen III Hemi Swap Components
  • 1987-96 Dodge Dakota Gen III Hemi Swap Components
  • 1997-2004 Dodge Dakota Gen III Hemi Swap Components
  • 1997-2006 JEEP WRANGLER TJ Gen III HEMI SWAP COMPONENTS
These Gen 3 Hemi swap kits will have Engine Mounts, Transmission Crossmembers, Headers, Exhaust Systems, and other supporting components for a complete install.

The transmission crossmember is a modular design that uses the same base crossmember with a different transmission mounting bracket for each type of transmission. Transmission adapter brackets will be available for these transmissions:

8HP70, NAG1,TR6060, 545RFE, 46RH,46RE, A727

These engine mounting brackets fit the K-member on trucks that originally came from the factory with the Following Engines: 3.7L V6, 3.9L V6, 4.7L V8, 5.2L V8, 5.9L V8.

Features:
  • Put a Gen III Hemi Engine in Your 1997-2004 Dodge Dakota 2-Wheel Drive Truck
  • Use w/ Gen III Hemi Engines 2003 & Up 5.7L/6.1L/6.2L/6.4L
  • Eliminate the Installation Guesswork and Compatibility Uncertainty That Comes with Using Universal/Adjustable Swap Plate Mounting Methods
  • Superior Design That is Light Weight, Rigid and Has a Clean Appearance
  • Engine Location Eliminates Firewall and Brake Booster Modifications - Provides Clearance for Short Runner Valve (SRV), Factory 1999-2004 9.75" Brake Booster, and Hellcat Supercharger w/ Intercooler Manifold
  • Fully Engineered Swap System that Provides Optimized Component Clearances and Drivetrain/U-Joint Operation Angles & 1 7/8" Swap Headers
  • Welded Steel Construction w/ Black Painted Finish for Durability & Corrosion Resistance
  • Fits Regular Cab, Extended Cab, and 4-Door 2-Wheel Drive Trucks
  • Requires the Use of 1999-2004 9.75" Brake Booster and Bracket
1987-1990 Trucks may need to convert to the 1990 front cowl, grill & front fenders for extra engine space for a Gen III Hem Engine Swap.

Tremendous engineering efforts are being done to make sure these parts work together for a trouble free installation with ideal drive-train geometry & component clearances.

We also have pre-2010 Hemi 5.7 and 6.1 distributer conversions to eliminate the factory pcm. This kit allows you to run your Gen3 5.7L / 6.1L HEMI without the need of expensive electronics.
  • Includes Race Billet Distributor, black 8.5mm universal length wires, aluminum cast front cover, front timing gear, fuel pump push rod, all hardware
  • Does not include fuel pump but can be supplied
Aluminum Gen 3 Hemi intake manifolds for EFI applications:
  • Early 5.7L Hemi (2003-2008)
  • Mid-Rise Intake 5.9" from head flange to TB flange
  • fits 5.7L,6.1L & 6.4L Gen 3 HEMI
  • comes W/ oil fill block off plate.
  • Recommended intake gasket Cometic C5197
  • Does not include Fuel rails, Injectors or Fuel rail brackets
Aluminum Gen 3 Carb style intake manifolds available for:
  • Eagle 5.7L Hemi (2009-present)
  • 6.1L heads and engines
  • 6.4L heads and engines
  • 6.2L heads and engines

• Note: Currently, the Eagle 5.7L, 6.1L, 6.2L, and 6.4L has a rough port match. A full port match by hand or CNC is recommended for optimal performance but will function as is.
Holley carburetors for all applications.

We are direct distributers for these engine swap kits and much more. Check with us when your ready to get to that next level.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is some pleasant news! I'm just starting to get my Hemi Swap underway and am planning to run a 6.1L Hemi with my 4.7L NGC. My goal is to have No CEL, Cable driven TB, and stock Cruise Control working as designed. I will be using my existing NV3500.
I need Motor Mounts, a Modified Oil Pan and Sump to run w/4x4, and also a capable Tuner. Is this something you will be able to provide?

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport
104 Posts
The NV3500 has a torque limit of just north of 300 ft lbs. You're going to be playing with fire running a 6.1 through it. I hope you at least find a good clutch for that power.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is an ongoing effort to produce complete Gen 3 Hemi engine swap kits that will cover the below vehicles :
  • 1966-72 Mopar B-Body Gen III Hemi Swap Components
  • 1972-93 Dodge D100 and D150 Gen III Hemi Swap Components
  • 1987-96 Dodge Dakota Gen III Hemi Swap Components
  • 1997-2004 Dodge Dakota Gen III Hemi Swap Components
  • 1997-2006 JEEP WRANGLER TJ Gen III HEMI SWAP COMPONENTS
These Gen 3 Hemi swap kits will have Engine Mounts, Transmission Crossmembers, Headers, Exhaust Systems, and other supporting components for a complete install.

The transmission crossmember is a modular design that uses the same base crossmember with a different transmission mounting bracket for each type of transmission. Transmission adapter brackets will be available for these transmissions:

8HP70, NAG1,TR6060, 545RFE, 46RH,46RE, A727

These engine mounting brackets fit the K-member on trucks that originally came from the factory with the Following Engines: 3.7L V6, 3.9L V6, 4.7L V8, 5.2L V8, 5.9L V8.

Features:
  • Put a Gen III Hemi Engine in Your 1997-2004 Dodge Dakota 2-Wheel Drive Truck
  • Use w/ Gen III Hemi Engines 2003 & Up 5.7L/6.1L/6.2L/6.4L
  • Eliminate the Installation Guesswork and Compatibility Uncertainty That Comes with Using Universal/Adjustable Swap Plate Mounting Methods
  • Superior Design That is Light Weight, Rigid and Has a Clean Appearance
  • Engine Location Eliminates Firewall and Brake Booster Modifications - Provides Clearance for Short Runner Valve (SRV), Factory 1999-2004 9.75" Brake Booster, and Hellcat Supercharger w/ Intercooler Manifold
  • Fully Engineered Swap System that Provides Optimized Component Clearances and Drivetrain/U-Joint Operation Angles & 1 7/8" Swap Headers
  • Welded Steel Construction w/ Black Painted Finish for Durability & Corrosion Resistance
  • Fits Regular Cab, Extended Cab, and 4-Door 2-Wheel Drive Trucks
  • Requires the Use of 1999-2004 9.75" Brake Booster and Bracket
1987-1990 Trucks may need to convert to the 1990 front cowl, grill & front fenders for extra engine space for a Gen III Hem Engine Swap.

Tremendous engineering efforts are being done to make sure these parts work together for a trouble free installation with ideal drive-train geometry & component clearances.

We also have pre-2010 Hemi 5.7 and 6.1 distributer conversions to eliminate the factory pcm. This kit allows you to run your Gen3 5.7L / 6.1L HEMI without the need of expensive electronics.
  • Includes Race Billet Distributor, black 8.5mm universal length wires, aluminum cast front cover, front timing gear, fuel pump push rod, all hardware
  • Does not include fuel pump but can be supplied
Aluminum Gen 3 Hemi intake manifolds for EFI applications:
  • Mid-Rise Intake 5.9" from head flange to TB flange
  • fits 5.7L,6.1L & 6.4L Gen 3 HEMI
  • comes W/ oil fill block off plate.
  • Recommended intake gasket Cometic C5197
  • Does not include Fuel rails, Injectors or Fuel rail brackets
Aluminum Gen 3 Carb style intake manifolds available for:
  • Eagle 5.7L Hemi (2009-present)
  • 6.1L heads and engines
  • 6.4L heads and engines
  • 6.2L heads and engines

• Note: Currently, the Eagle 5.7L, 6.1L, 6.2L, and 6.4L has a rough port match. A full port match by hand or CNC is recommended for optimal performance but will function as is.
Holley carburetors for all applications.

We are direct distributers for these engine swap kits and much more. Check with us when your ready to get to that next level.
I see that I am late to the game. My buddy wants to sell me his 2004 dakota slt V8 4x4 to me, with a blown motor. I wanted to go bigger with the motor for more potential and so it last longer. Would ay of the options work, which would be the best fit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts