Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey dudes....I finally have a little color to get me excited!

I'm in the middle of this Dakota "Super Bee" project, and all I've been doing is sanding and primering and basically all the boring prep work to get the truck ready for paint.....so today I decided to actually do a little painting.

I painted my new radiator support, and while I was doing that I finished up my new custom mirrors. I bought these mirrors online through the Perfomance Depot, and I have to say I was pretty impressed with them.

They have a built in signal light on the outside, similar to Mercedes-Benz SLK cars and other European sports cars, that has both amber and blue LED lights. I'm going to use the amber lights.

I went ahead and did my black graphics to blend into the lenses, and then I tinted the lenses enough so that they appear black, but they still light up orange like normal. It's gonna be pretty cool looking.

The paint scheme probabably doesn't make sense on the mirrors right now, but when the truck is done you'll see how they tie into everything. I'm just psyched to see some yellow!

I'll post more pictures as I continue to paint pieces and parts. This project is going to start going pretty quickly now. :mullet:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
damnnnnnn those are look'n good. Can't wait to see the finished product :clap2:

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Those look sick man.. hurry up and finish the truck allready.... :jester: :joke: .. can't wait to see the finished truck when your all done man...

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
shit, post some process pics man. do it in stages. mirrors look damn good dude!! :biggthump

jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts