Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to know if anyone from Texas or anywhere else that gets really hot in the summer time has had problems with and aftermarket hood warping the heat. As I live in Texas, where it can get up to 120 easily, I wanted to find out more about this before purchasing a fiberglass hood. Thanks for y'alls input.

·
Registered
977 Posts
dont know about Texas, but it gets hot here in MS and I got the Cervinis hood and have never had a problem with it warping. Had it for like 2 years I guess

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, thanks for the adivse. I didn't want to make a purchase and have it be something that wasn't going to last me a while. My dad had a fiberglass hood on his 70 Nova drag car and it ended up warping on him a few year back so he went back to steel. I figured the steel reinforments would probably help to keep that from happening. Again, thanks for you help

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Some people do experience hood warping, but I think it's more an issue of our OEM hood springs being too strong for fiberglass hoods than a heat issue. If you put on a fiberglass hood and notice any warpage then you should be able to correct the issue by either adjusting the hood alignment or completely removing the springs from the hinges and convert to a prop rod.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey man. I don't think that your hood should warp even at those temps. BUT i'm not too sure because thats not my department. I am a lead man @ a hot tub plant and when i go back to work on monday i will check with some guys and see what the min/max temps for fiberglass can be. Maybe i can help you out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts