Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a inifity 6030cs component set that is about to go into my 04 dakota replacing the factory infinity components up front.

Is it 100 percent necessary to wire in the crossovers or can they be left out. What will happen if you dont install them.

Where is an ideal location to mount the crossovers.

Can I expect these to be much of an improvement over the factory infinity?

Thanks!

·
Scrapin the Coast
715 Posts
I have a inifity 6030cs component set that is about to go into my 04 dakota replacing the factory infinity components up front.

Is it 100 percent necessary to wire in the crossovers or can they be left out. What will happen if you dont install them.

Where is an ideal location to mount the crossovers.

Can I expect these to be much of an improvement over the factory infinity?

Thanks!
You could wire without crossovers but it wont sound good. I would recommend using them. I have mine hidden behind the panel by your feet on the floorboard.

·
don't feed the bears
10,668 Posts
are you familiar with exactly what a cross over does? If you spent the money on teh speakers, and they come with corssovers...i would take the extra 10-15 minutes it will take to wire the in.. why would you cut corners after spending the money>? that's like buying a funny car and only running 93 cuz you dont wanna find the racefuel.. :huh:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just wasnt sure in that since the truck has tweeters in it from the factory if there was a crossover already installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts