Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the front fenders of a 2000 dakota fit on a 99? I happened across both fenders and a front bumper along with a driver's side door panel that I'm sure won't fit due to mine being a short cab. Anyway it all comes together for basically nothing and I need the fenders and the bumper (whoever had this truck before me used "great stuff" spray foam topped with bondo on the fenders and it looks like shit) are they gonna fit my truck without having to fight them too much?

·
Registered
02 4.7l Dakota
149 Posts
I'm not sure I'm following you, but if I am, they should fit no problem. about the door panel, I'm pretty sure it will fit too unless they redesigned the door panel in 2000 (I know they revamped the 2nd gen interior at some point but I forget when exactly), the door sizes should be the same no matter the cab type.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure I'm following you, but if I am, they should fit no problem. about the door panel, I'm pretty sure it will fit too unless they redesigned the door panel in 2000 (I know they revamped the 2nd gen interior at some point but I forget when exactly), the door sizes should be the same no matter the cab type.

I only assumed the doors would be different between the regular cab and extended. I don't know why. If it fits, awesome! But mostly it's the 2 fenders that I'm really concerned with. My front bumper is a little messed up too but it's not that bad. Thanks for the quick answer.

... and your "2002 4.7 project truck" looks good. That's the color mine would have originally been, u can see it through the 'rattle can' black primer and the spray foam. It will be pretty again someday. I just finally got it running right. Now for the body.

·
Registered
02 4.7l Dakota
149 Posts
I only assumed the doors would be different between the regular cab and extended. I don't know why. If it fits, awesome! But mostly it's the 2 fenders that I'm really concerned with. My front bumper is a little messed up too but it's not that bad. Thanks for the quick answer.

... and your "2002 4.7 project truck" looks good. That's the color mine would have originally been, u can see it through the 'rattle can' black primer and the spray foam. It will be pretty again someday. I just finally got it running right. Now for the body.
I don't see any reason why the fenders wouldn't fit, good luck replacing them lol, glad I don't have to do any body work on mine.

Thank you! My big plans are slowly becoming reality with it haha, right now I have the motor torn down to replace a blown head gasket and the brakes are kaput, but I have all the stuff to do it, just a matter of labor now! I have a build thread if you're interested 2002 4.7L RWD Dakota Build Thread | Page 5 | Dakota Durango Forum (dakota-durango.com) Do you have any pics of your truck?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see any reason why the fenders wouldn't fit, good luck replacing them lol, glad I don't have to do any body work on mine.

Thank you! My big plans are slowly becoming reality with it haha, right now I have the motor torn down to replace a blown head gasket and the brakes are kaput, but I have all the stuff to do it, just a matter of labor now! I have a build thread if you're interested 2002 4.7L RWD Dakota Build Thread | Page 5 | Dakota Durango Forum (dakota-durango.com) Do you have any pics of your truck?
Yeah I got a few pics of the engine /transmission swap and a *before and after the fire" of the engine compartment. Maybe a couple random others. I was actually working on uploading them to my profile now. It's got a long way to go yet. lol. Not so easy on the eyes but it runs good with the 5.2 and the nv3500 I put in it. I'll get there slowly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The fenders should be identical, including Durangos up to 2003. The bumpers vary a little bit in style 1997-2004, but they should be interchangeable in how they mount and fit. Fog lights vs. no fog lights also makes a minor difference. The doors for regular cabs and club cabs are identical except with club cab doors that are not painted black, there is a black decal-type strip at the back edge from the bottom to the top of the window so it visually blends with the rear side windows. I don't know if the doors had to change internally when they redesigned the interior in 1999 or 2000. I think quad cab doors fit the same as Durangos to 2003.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fenders should be identical, including Durangos up to 2003. The bumpers vary a little bit in style 1997-2004, but they should be interchangeable in how they mount and fit. Fog lights vs. no fog lights also makes a minor difference. The doors for regular cabs and club cabs are identical except with club cab doors that are not painted black, there is a black decal-type strip at the back edge from the bottom to the top of the window so it visually blends with the rear side windows. I don't know if the doors had to change internally when they redesigned the interior in 1999 or 2000. I think quad cab doors fit the same as Durangos to 2003.
Ok, thank you. This is why I come here. Bringing this old dakota back from the brink is kinda my "mission" for the time being. It's nice to get to interact with people who have some knowledge about the specifics of these trucks. I think it goes without saying anyone on this particular site either shares a liking for them as well. Or a maddening frustration with some problem they have chased for a while with no success. Lol So...that being said, Now, SEATS, I'm talking bucket seats vs bench seat. Will they have the same mounting brackets or am I gonna have to fabricate something?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok, thank you. This is why I come here. Bringing this old dakota back from the brink is kinda my "mission" for the time being. It's nice to get to interact with people who have some knowledge about the specifics of these trucks. I think it goes without saying anyone on this particular site either shares a liking for them as well. Or a maddening frustration with some problem they have chased for a while with no success. Lol So...that being said, Now, SEATS, I'm talking bucket seats vs bench seat. Will they have the same mounting brackets or am I gonna have to fabricate something?
I doubt Dodge would have two different cabs, one for bench seats, and one for buckets. When you find the seats you want, just take everything related not welded to the floor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts