Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone had purchased a torque converter from fastman.com for their 3.9 dak? i was considering one from APS precison but theirs is about 125 bucks more before the core charge. any input would be apprecciated.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
both units are worth the price asked. i know w afew who have tried one or both on the Delphi R/T boards, no dissapointments to be found. ill be gettign a APS unit when i need a new tranny and TC.

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
the fastman, level 10, and protorque are in my opinion the best places to go. i know dan at the fastman. great guy. pat barret at level 10 is a cool guy too.

i had a protorque 2200 stall in my ram witht he rt cam and all the trimmings (except the rt heads), ran great and powered up the hills, didnt search for gears as much either. thats what you want. tells you more available torque is being applied.

i have a heavy duty towing package converter in my dak, and ill tell you, the revs are much quicker at speed, it dont float like it did with the stocker. i think its rated at 1600-1800. stock is what 1200-14oo? you dont need alot when your stock. most i would go is 2ooostall max. now if your supercharged, then 2200-2800 stall. all depends on the weight of your truck, tire size, gear ratios, etc.

jim

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
daksprt4x4 said:
i was wondering if anyone had purchased a torque converter from fastman.com for their 3.9 dak? i was considering one from APS precison but theirs is about 125 bucks more before the core charge. any input would be apprecciated.
Here's a one stop shopping center for all your tranny performance needs.

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts