Dakota Durango Forum banner

Fastman or Holly??

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  wykdrt 
#1 ·
Ok I havent yet ordered my stuff, doing a little more research. My question to everybody is...Should I go with the Holly 52mm or Fastman 52mm TB? From what I got. The Fastman is cheaper,well after the core it is. The holly is just a little bit more, but get to keep my original TB. Why would I want too? I dont know just in case type of thing. Have all orginal parts to my dak since I have had it. One thing that I learned on having a classic is that original is great to have. Ok any way. I went to holly.com and the holly TB is listed for up to 2001 or 2000, will it fit my 2002? they couldnt tell me squat! Customer service my @$$!!! lol, damn I write alot! ok thanks in advance!
Marc
Oh ya, will I get the same performance out of both??

#3 ·
i also ask which motor ya have. either way, you will gain some. also take a look at F&B for a TB.

#5 ·
hmmm... well, depending on what ya really want out of your truck, Id start witha 52mm... the Holleys are a real close clone to the F&B`s....

Fastmans are good, but they are honed out and polished stockers, so you will want a 53mm, maybe a 55mm if Dan has them.

cant go wrong with a F&B, ya, they are pricey but they are a 100% billet machined piece. www.socaldakota.com for the best price.

www.delphiforums.com the Dakota RT forums usually has a few for sale as guys upgrade.

#7 ·
If you hurry i don't know but www.truckperformance.com had the holley 52mm throttle body on sale for 299.99. Thats where i got mine. Put it on and it was a nice piece. seems to work really well. Woke up the truck amazingly. The only thing that i notice about it is that the throttle seems to be stiffer now. What i mean is the gas pedal seems to require more pressure, like it is sticking a little. This is because of the spring that they put on the throttle body i would assume. All in all i can deal with the slightly more pressure on the throttle for about 200 less dollars than the F&B

#8 ·
Wykdrt, hey has your throttle ever stuck on ya? if its alittle tougher to push thats cool. hey another quick question, Do you have the M1 Mopar Intake? When I look for one they always say, either 92 up magnum, or 92-96. If you do have one was it difficult to put it on your dak,or did it just slide in?

#9 ·
WhsNxt0266 said:
Wykdrt, hey has your throttle ever stuck on ya? if its alittle tougher to push thats cool. hey another quick question, Do you have the M1 Mopar Intake? When I look for one they always say, either 92 up magnum, or 92-96. If you do have one was it difficult to put it on your dak,or did it just slide in?
no the throttle doesn't stick on me. What i was meaning is that the pedal was firm before and now it seems to be stiffer in places like it is sticking but its just the spring on the throttle body. I take it it just needs to be worked a little to work the spring out of it. I assume that it will work out over time. Ya i got the M1 manifold. If you wanna pick one up there are numerous places to pick one up at. Give sam at www.socaldakota.com a call. He'll fix ya right up with what ya need. He'll even powedercoat it if you want it powdercoated a certain color. I did it myself not knowing what to do and just following the instructions. It took me bout 6-8 hours to do. It was pretty simple just unbolt everything and then clean the gasket material off the heads put the new gaskets on and some gasket silicone on the front and back and slide the new one on. The only problem i had was i didn't know of a sensor that you had to keep out and it allowed an air pocket in my coolant lines so my truck instantly overheated. Just a stupid thing on my part that i overlooked. Took it to the local car guy and he fixed it for me so i don't know what sensor it was. All in all its a pretty easy install. You need the basic tools and a torque wrench to torque the manifold bolts down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.