Registered
13,323 Posts
AmberFireDaK said:
:clap2: I say make it a sticky :beer:
yes i agree with that very well :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Really nice post, care to venture into another post, body lift vs suspension lift, pro and cons

·
Grab life by the horns
1,033 Posts
locker

Yellow kota :bow: I have a chryler 9.25" rearend with 3.55 gears and 31 spline axles. I want to put a locker in it since one of the retainers for the clutch packs fell out. Who makes a locker for this and does anybody know how long this will take? I got instructions from a factory service manual for the install so I guess it won't be too dificult. I changed ring and pinion gears and a posi before out of a gm rearend. Is it much harder than one of those? Do I need anymore parts if everything is ok? Thanks so much for your help

·
Registered
149 Posts
You or someone on the site has probably covered this a hundred times, but, how can I tell what rear end and gears I have.

What we have: 1992 5.2-automatic-club cab-everything is 100% stock.

What we are wanting to do: 275/55-17 tires - bolt on performance upgrades on the motor and a trans co shift kit.

·
Pro-Beater Class
679 Posts
Grampa's said:
Thanks. Once we have determined the current gears, what would you recommend has far has gears go with 275/55-17s and how can I tell if the rear end is 9.25" :beer:
what I did to determain rear end gears, take the truck out of overdrive so it's in lockup (1:1) and and just get and rpm and mph and the exact tire diameter and then I typed it in to this at the bottom http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm and your truck has got the 8.25, theres a bunch of places that makes gears for em

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. From my glovebox sticker i have a c-20 front and corp 9 rear so im guessing i have a 9.25 diff i think for both. Trying to catch up on the rango stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts