Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I'm kinda new in the world of daks so please show some mercy, but i have a 02 3.9 with a 180 t-stat and was wondering if i would have ne overheating probs if i removed the belt fan and fan clutch. i read somewhere that i wouldnt but want o know for sure. thanx

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Unless you replace it with something else... Yes

You need some form of a fan, unless you live in a place without traffic or red lights...

On a 3.9 you'll prolly only need a single 16" fan, should keep it more than cool, not to mention it's fun having switches to turn on and off! Haha

·
I know nothing
1,247 Posts
actually, check in your truck one more time. I think most 02's came factory with a backup electric fan, so you can remove the clutch fan, wire up a relay and hook it up to the fan, then that fan is PLENTY to cool off a 3.9, ive been running mine like that for a while now, and have never had any problems out of it

V

·
0 Posts
DaKoTa-BoY said:
actually, check in your truck one more time. I think most 02's came factory with a backup electric fan, so you can remove the clutch fan, wire up a relay and hook it up to the fan, then that fan is PLENTY to cool off a 3.9, ive been running mine like that for a while now, and have never had any problems out of it
what he said, if you dont have a stock efan then you can get a flex-a-lite efan for $75 and u will be set

1 - 5 of 5 Posts