Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,

this is going against my morales, BUT, i've been sketching out a trick side exit exhaust infront of the rear wheels. but i don't want just one exit, i want both for comestic reason, i was planning on runnig true duals BUT, all these rumors are depressing, and i can't affoard to lose power, and torque, what are your opinions are, and if someone has this done, by all means, post a pic please.

-X

S

·
0 Posts
you could run one single pipe from the muff into a Y-pipe and then to a dual turndown out the side. it would technically still be a single. do like the old pontiac GTO's had... twin downturns out the back on each side. I think you can find these still at some of the performance shops.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
I would do this...

Find a single in dual out... and then run the pipes how you want.

I wouldn't even have the pipes showing out the side.. rear, or anywhere. I like that clean look, not that...ooooo... i've got duals, and I'm fast. Which isn't so true compared to mustangs and camaros.

Paul

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
i did my own side exit...i had to go over the frame rail and loop back down...and instead of those ugly tips that just bent out(i forget what company sells those) i put two 3" dtm 45 degree tips. looks sweet, sounds great with the flowmaster 40s.

I

·
0 Posts
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
I would do this...

Find a single in dual out... and then run the pipes how you want.

I wouldn't even have the pipes showing out the side.. rear, or anywhere. I like that clean look, not that...ooooo... i've got duals, and I'm fast. Which isn't so true compared to mustangs and camaros.

Paul
Yeah but sometimes Flash = Dash.. I'm always proud to showboat my dualies on my IROC (True duals. Stock camaros don't come with true duals like the stangs do). But my IROC can backup its rumble. :cool:

·
Registered
250 Posts
i have my exhaust exiting in front of the rr wheel, i have a 3-inch body lift and i hat the pipe run over the frame rail and then a 3 1/2 inch tip with a 45 deg cut coming down... it looks sweet and i get complimented on it all the time. also i dont know how you would even route a pipe to exit infront of the LR wheel with the gas tank in the way...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts